• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

I can see where you are coming from.

I would just prefer to stay away from the type of season Hernández had in 2023.
Would prefer to trade for someone like Kepler.

I agree, it feels like the kind of thing we've tried out a million times and has never worked. Kepler would be great.

10 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

If he is like Renfroe, he should get around $5m, like the Royals gave Renfroe for 1 yr. That said,Teoscar strikes out way too much. I think even more than Renfroe. 

I mean, he's similar to Renfroe play style wise, but with elite offensive history and his 2023 was much better than Renfroes. They shouldn't cost the same price. 

1 hour ago, BTH said:

So sign a player, whose most games played in a season is 103, for his age 33, 34, and 35 seasons?

I liked Garver and I like him at 2/$24M, but I can see why you might want to stay away from him. Let alone giving another year to an injury prone 33 year old.

For Angels to get anyone they will have overpay it's that simple. Players want to play for contenders. Market is thinning out daily and Perry still in his dumpster. Let's face this team is not going to compete next season and NOTHING has been done to improve this team.

On 12/24/2023 at 9:47 PM, greginpsca said:

If he is like Renfroe, he should get around $5m, like the Royals gave Renfroe for 1 yr. That said,Teoscar strikes out way too much. I think even more than Renfroe. 

The point being made is that they are similar types of hitters, all or nothing, hard hit data types who don't walk, not that they are in similar situations.  The reason Renfroe went for 5 mil is because he stopped doing all those things and the predictive data for him completely cratered.

Hernandez is a bit of a trip, he's a hard hit guy that has consistently put up well above average BABIP figures despite not being a real burner -- he runs well just not the typical speed associated with guys putting up BABIPs in the .350 range.

If you want to look for a silver lining, his neutral park numbers last year were pretty much in line with his 20-22 seasons -- so he may have just tanked in TMobile Park -- but the Ks are a real issue and it's not likely to get better as he ages and loses bat speed. 

6 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I don’t think we’ll sign Teoscar.  We have only added players on the minor league side that control the strike zone and limit strikeouts.  
If we add to our major league roster, I think we’ll be looking to add the same type of players.

I'll put out Travis Jankowski fits that mold. 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The point being made is that they are similar types of hitters, all or nothing, hard hit data types who don't walk, not that they are in similar situations.  The reason Renfroe went for 5 mil is because he stopped doing all those things and the predictive data for him completely cratered.

Hernandez is a bit of a trip, he's a hard hit guy that has consistently put up well above average BABIP figures despite not being a real burner -- he runs well just not the typical speed associated with guys putting up BABIPs in the .350 range.

If you want to look for a silver lining, his neutral park numbers last year were pretty much in line with his 20-22 seasons -- so he may have just tanked in TMobile Park -- but the Ks are a real issue and it's not likely to get better as he ages and loses bat speed. 

I'm not a fan, but I'm becoming intrigued by red sox and dodgers being in on him. They are smart originations. 

8 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm not a fan, but I'm becoming intrigued by red sox and dodgers being in on him. They are smart originations. 

Dodgers and Red Sox can afford to make mistakes halos cannot. Any 3 or more year deals they must knock them out of the park or hit it above yellow line.

7 hours ago, CartiHalos said:

Janikowski can be a backup utility guy, but if we're planning on trotting him out as our everyday right fielder there's serious problems.

Right now Ward, Trout, Moniak and Adell are in OF. I do not like Teoscar Hernandez with all of his K's. You are right Janikowski would be utility player and his cost would be cheap. I'd rather have him and put money towards pitching. I really liked Garver on a short deal like he got in Seattle. Pitching needs to be priority.

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Right now Ward, Trout, Moniak and Adell are in OF. I do not like Teoscar Hernandez with all of his K's. You are right Janikowski would be utility player and his cost would be cheap. I'd rather have him and put money towards pitching. I really liked Garver on a short deal like he got in Seattle. Pitching needs to be priority.

I think the idea would be to sign Hernandez and trade ward/Thais for pitching

4 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I think the idea would be to sign Hernandez and trade ward/Thais for pitching

Possibly. But Adell is a total wildcard and I'm still not confident in Moniak. We've had terrible outfield depth for years now and I'm tired of seeing infielders out there.

Not to mention Trout's health is always a problem. He's probably going to get some time at DH.

Oh and Ward's injury could be potentially career changing.

I think adding an outfielder is crucial, and Hernandez would be an...ok addition. Ain't no way you give him 4/80 like MLB trade rumors is predicting, though.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Possibly. But Adell is a total wildcard and I'm still not confident in Moniak. We've had terrible outfield depth for years now and I'm tired of seeing infielders out there.

Not to mention Trout's health is always a problem. He's probably going to get some time at DH.

Oh and Ward's injury could be potentially career changing.

I think adding an outfielder is crucial, and Hernandez would be an...ok addition. Ain't no way you give him 4/80 like MLB trade rumors is predicting, though.

I would hold on to Adell.  I think he is going to be fine.  Maybe not the superstar people hoped for, but I really think this guy is on the brink of being a meaningful offensive player.

It’s Ward or Moniak that I would move (if they sign an OF).