• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, CartiHalos said:

Agree there's value, just not sure how much. I expect if there's a deal specifically with him, people will be disappointed with the return.

I imagine any deal with Thaiss likely involves him being like the third most important outgoing Halo. 

Only thing that would change that would be if they did sign someone like Garver, Sanchez, or Maldonado and they were literally just swapping him to a team that had some 40-depth roster jams and had a similar out of options reliever or someone even fringier with options.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

I imagine any deal with Thaiss likely involves him being like the third most important outgoing Halo. 

Only thing that would change that would be if they did sign someone like Garver, Sanchez, or Maldonado and they were literally just swapping him to a team that had some 40-depth roster jams and had a similar out of options reliever or someone even fringier with options.

Thaiss has value because he is a passable C that hits from the left side.  He can also play 1B.  Any team looking for a LHH bench bat would be in play.  He’d be a nice fit for NYY, for example.

43 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Thaiss has value because he is a passable C that hits from the left side.  He can also play 1B.  Any team looking for a LHH bench bat would be in play.  He’d be a nice fit for NYY, for example.

NYY have way too many Catchers (including Austin Wells who's basically better Thaiss) and also have 2 bench bats that hit from the left side. Also if they were in the market for a backup 1B (despite DJ being able to play there) I would guess they would want a righty.

8 minutes ago, CartiHalos said:

This was so affordable, and we are probably going to end up with Teoscar who they let walk for like 80 million.

They must really like O'Hoppe and don't want him losing significant playing time.

I don’t think there's any way Teoscar gets that much. He's literally just  Hunter Renfroe. Same age. I could see 3/45. 

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They must really like O'Hoppe and don't want him losing significant playing time.

I don’t think there's any way Teoscar gets that much. He's literally just  Hunter Renfroe. Same age. I could see 3/45. 

Yep, and I would still pass on that too.

K’s too much, defense questionable, and the Halos already have enough batters who struggle with OBP (career .316).

Give Adell similar number of at bats, and it’s not that much of a drop off from Hernandez’ 2023 season.

Edited by Angel Oracle

19 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He's Hunter Renfroe with better peripherals, 12 higher OPS+, and not coming off an abysmal year.  I think the hardest thing for him to get will be the 4th year, but he'll almost certainly get between 15-20 AAV (my guess is the higher end.)

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Wow 2 years 24 easy go 3 at 36. Anoter decent bat gone. Let's spend 80 or more for Hernandez he fits with all his K's

So sign a player, whose most games played in a season is 103, for his age 33, 34, and 35 seasons?

I liked Garver and I like him at 2/$24M, but I can see why you might want to stay away from him. Let alone giving another year to an injury prone 33 year old.

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yep, and I would still pass on that too.

K’s too much, defense questionable, and the Halos already have enough batters who struggle with OBP (career .316).

Give Adell similar number of at bats, and it’s not that much of a drop off from Hernandez’ 2023 season.

While I agree the K's are a problem, and the lack of walks is maybe an even bigger problem, he has had great offensive seasons in spite of those things (his wOBA numbers from 2020-2022 were excellent). For $15M, there are a lot worse options. When you start paying him 18 or more, or giving him the 4th year I tap out. 

I disagree very much on Adell.  The quality of contact has never been there for Adell to expect him to put up a .435 slugging% or a .178 ISO over a full season like Teo did.  Also, Adells strikeout/walk problems are just as bad.

Just now, CartiHalos said:

While I agree the K's are a problem, and the lack of walks is maybe an even bigger problem, he has had great offensive seasons in spite of those things (his wOBA numbers from 2020-2022 were excellent). For $15M, there are a lot worse options. When you start paying him 18 or more, or giving him the 4th year I tap out. 

I disagree very much on Adell.  The quality of contact has never been there for Adell to expect him to put up a .435 slugging% or a .178 ISO over a full season like Teo did.  Also, Adells strikeout/walk problems are just as bad.

I can see where you are coming from.

I would just prefer to stay away from the type of season Hernández had in 2023.
Would prefer to trade for someone like Kepler.