• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Ward? I know it gets long at times but I think it's smooth. I thought he got away from his best stuff in the first half. But in '22 I thought it looked great. 

Plenty of space for different opinions.  His swing isn’t my favorite because all I see is a guy with very deliberate, coached mechanics applying a technique, rather than a talented natural hitter with his own natural swing in the batters box naturally squaring off against a pitcher.

If it works, that’s fine.  But I couldn’t say “I like his swing.”

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Plenty of space for different opinions.  His swing isn’t my favorite because all I see is a guy with very deliberate, coached mechanics applying a technique, rather than a talented natural hitter with his own natural swing in the batters box naturally squaring off against a pitcher.

If it works, that’s fine.  But I couldn’t say “I like his swing.”

I get why. I think the 2022 version where his eye was great and he was hitting for power made me like his swing choices. I do think its gets long and robotic at times, but I think when he's going he's making tons of contact. 

6 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Any rumors about cars in the parking lot? I haven't heard anything about that this off-season. Rodger Lodge take a different way home now?

If you subscribe to my newsletter, you'll get an actual count each day.

20 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I’ll take both please.

My preference is to keep the picks and not go longer than a couple years but, signing Snell shouldn't keep the Angels from going after another top end starter next year.  They aren't paying Ohtani, and Rendon comes off the books soon.

Something, something.. unfinished business.  With Ohtani gone the best way to generate more income ...  make the postseason again.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

My preference is to keep the picks

I understand this for sure.  But, any picks they make in the next 2 years will likely not help the team within the next 4-5 years.  And if you actually want to win, you probably have to concentrate your resources into certain windows.  The Angels have lots of young players now coming into their primes, so you can argue that this next few years IS the window to concentrate your resources into.

Getting Snell and Burnes would maximize this window, while the couple of draft picks probably would not. . . Unless you traded them in a package to get an impact player.  But if you are willing to do that, then just sign the players you need and forfeit the picks.

40 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I’ll take both please.

you sign snell this year and explain he's a significant part of your committment to be competitive, and that next year you're going hard to sign burnes. emphasize the potentcy of them at the top of starting pitching.

then next year you go to burnes and tell him the plan and how much he would add to it. drop a big fat wad of benjamins in front of him and off you go.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

you sign snell this year and explain he's a significant part of your committment to be competitive, and that next year you're going hard to sign burnes. emphasize the potentcy of them at the top of starting pitching.

then next year you go to burnes and tell him the plan and how much he would add to it. drop a big fat wad of benjamins in front of him and off you go.

Then Burnes says aww thats cute and signs with the Dodgers for double the price all deferred