• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, Docwaukee said:

my point of the above post is that it's really one good not great player and then a ton of garbage.  

I think it's Tim Anderson on a pillow contract for me and just take your lumps otherwise.  Just so hard to stomach the thought of giving a guy who had wRC+ of 47 and 83 over two seasons before his contract year upwards of 30mil per.  

Arte be like

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

I just don't get the fascination for fans wanting old geezers to come to the Angels as "Hanger ons" to collect a big check, so they can shit the bed for a year. Their days are behind them. This org has done this time and again throughout its history to little success. I would rather go after young guys who's  better days are ahead of themselves. Roster wise they are cheaper, provide more roster flexibility , more speed, less chance of injury.

35 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I just don't get the fascination for fans wanting old geezers to come to the Angels as "Hanger ons" to collect a big check, so they can shit the bed for a year. Their days are behind them. This org has done this time and again throughout its history to little success. I would rather go after young guys who's  better days are ahead of themselves. Roster wise they are cheaper, provide more roster flexibility , more speed, less chance of injury.

Who are you referring to?  What “old geezer” is getting “a big check”?  

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

Angels will be exploring the possibility of Schanuel playing OF. Currently, they'll be using a Moniak/Adell platoon in RF, with both of them functioning in the 4th OF/backup CF role. Ward is in left. 

Both situations are not a sure thing. 

They'll use Votto at 1B/DH, Rendon at 3B/DH, Drury at 3B/2B/1B and Schanuel at 1B/LF. 

Yes, there are lots of moving parts, but there's plenty of playing time to go around. 

You are aware Votto is not on the roster, right?

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

my point of the above post is that it's really one good not great player and then a ton of garbage.  

I think it's Tim Anderson on a pillow contract for me and just take your lumps otherwise.  Just so hard to stomach the thought of giving a guy who had wRC+ of 47 and 83 over two seasons before his contract year upwards of 30mil per.  

Rather have Merrifield.

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

Angels will be exploring the possibility of Schanuel playing OF. Currently, they'll be using a Moniak/Adell platoon in RF, with both of them functioning in the 4th OF/backup CF role. Ward is in left. 

Both situations are not a sure thing. 

They'll use Votto at 1B/DH, Rendon at 3B/DH, Drury at 3B/2B/1B and Schanuel at 1B/LF. 

Yes, there are lots of moving parts, but there's plenty of playing time to go around. 

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

your post reads like they already signed Votto and they already said they'll use Schanuel in the outfield.

Do you know something we don't?

8 minutes ago, BTH said:

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

your post reads like they already signed Votto and they already said they'll use Schanuel in the outfield.

Do you know something we don't?

No, I promise. I don't know, it's not like that at all. I'm just explaining that if this signing happens, there's enough playing time for both Votto and Schanuel. 

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Who are you referring to?  What “old geezer” is getting “a big check”?  

The guys like Votto and Moustakas. Some fans are so eager to sign them to multi million deals. Guys like this are done.

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

.400+ OBP in those 132 PAs
He does need to up that .330 SLG%.

He did look very good in those AB and not over matched. I think Votto could help on a cheap contract as lefty off bench or DH. Nothing more than 4 to 5 mill for Votto and save money for other needs.

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

He did look very good in those AB and not over matched. I think Votto could help on a cheap contract as lefty off bench or DH. Nothing more than 4 to 5 mill for Votto and save money for other needs.

I’m assuming that’s why they signed Sano. In hopes of a vet 1st baseman taking the 1st base job and stashing Schaunel in AAA so he can prove he’s 100% ready for the job and also improve depth. 

if they both play well Sano can cycle through DH at bats. 

41 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

20 days to ST

One would think that Snell, Montgomery, and Bellinger are signing somewhere soon?

Arriving late to ST would not be the best way to start a new big contract?

Have there ever been THREE of the key FAs still unsigned this close to ST?

Boras has never hesitated to wait until spring training, and sometimes beyond, to get a deal done if he thinks the market can get better. He sometimes misjudges things and his guys end up with "pillow" deals if they wait too long.  I don't know if we've ever had a year where he has the top remaining FA's this late in the year though....