• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

He's probably selling regardless though, right? I don't imagine him bequeathing the team to his family and he's getting up there in years. 

His children supposedly aren’t interested in taking it on.

Get a fresh owner with the necessary  net worth and necessary understanding of how important the infrastructure is.

47 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

His children supposedly aren’t interested in taking it on.

Get a fresh owner with the necessary  net worth and necessary understanding of how important the infrastructure is.

Yup we need new Blood I don't want nothing to do with the Arte or his kids ever again. The only way this Franchise can't compete is if Arte washes his Family's hands of the Angels 

15 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Such a strange off season for halos. Do top players want to come here? RSN probably has something to do with spending. After all this is a business. Maybe Arte does not want to add any big contracts because he's thinking about selling. Rumor has halos have interest in Snell and Hernandez plus early on Tim Anderson. Players signed only 3 to major league deals and very little money. I keep waiting for some big deal or some type of trade but so far nothing. Curious to see what they do as we head in New Year. 

They got their full RSN (112) for 2024. They own 25% of Bally Sports West, so even though the deal was 20/3B its really 20/2.25 as they don't pay themselves rights fees (or maybe they do, I don't know). 

15 hours ago, Blarg said:

Look, clowns, going over the cap this season or the last five,  would not bring the Angels any closer to the playoffs by picking up another couple high priced free agents. The team has been too full of holes to make enough moves to move them forward and this upcoming season is no different.

So they would just be paying a penalty for still getting no better than a third place finish in their division and a loss of draft picks that would strangle off any talent infused into the minors.

So shut up about the cap, it's a dead end for this team that has been in that position since Hamilton.  

Ok, boomer.

54 minutes ago, ScottM said:

"The Mets and Angels are eying top free agent DH J.D. Martinez. His old Diamondbacks team also seeks a hitter. Justin Tuner is another who fits all those teams."

https://nypost.com/2023/12/28/sports/will-mets-pursue-blake-snell-jordan-montgomery-in-free-agency/

Turner maybe. JD Martinez is basically a 100% DH at this point. 

Idk. Neither really makes sense.

MLB.com picked one prospect from each team that they're looking forward to seeing in 2024.  The Angels prospect...is a guy they haven't even drafted yet.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-prospect-debuts-we-re-excited-to-see-in-2024?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

Angels: Seaver King, OF/SS (No. 9 on Draft Top 100)
In our first full mock for the 2024 Draft, King was the choice for the Angels at No. 8. Given that the Angels have had the first draftee to reach the big leagues in the last two years (Zach Neto, their 2022 first-rounder and Nolan Schanuel, their top pick in 2023), it only stands to reason that they take another college bat and watch him race to Los Angeles.

24 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

MLB.com picked one prospect from each team that they're looking forward to seeing in 2024.  The Angels prospect...is a guy they haven't even drafted yet.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-prospect-debuts-we-re-excited-to-see-in-2024?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

Angels: Seaver King, OF/SS (No. 9 on Draft Top 100)
In our first full mock for the 2024 Draft, King was the choice for the Angels at No. 8. Given that the Angels have had the first draftee to reach the big leagues in the last two years (Zach Neto, their 2022 first-rounder and Nolan Schanuel, their top pick in 2023), it only stands to reason that they take another college bat and watch him race to Los Angeles.

I believe it's 3 years in a row. I think Silseth was 1st the year before.

I mean, it's good and bad I guess. Their post hype prospects have done remarkably well. Teams don't usually get a lot out of guys that are 26-ish with no options left, yet the Angels scored on Ward, Thaiss, Moniak, Rengifo, Soriano....

And then there's the guys they draft and are almost immediately in the majors before any hype can come, like Silseth, Joyce, Neto, Schanuel....

It seems to me that the Angels have done really poor in the areas where prospect hot sheets really focus on, which is drafting or signing toolsy teenagers and developing them so that they're major league ready at 22. The last guys that fit that description in the system was Adell, or maybe Maitan. They did have Marsh but they dealt him for O'Hoppe which seems like a very good trade for both sides right now. 

Personally, I think they've got something in Caden Dana.