• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

17 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Ron Washington seen at Denny's yesterday. After getting his 15% discount with his AARP card was asked about Snell. He said he cannot let the cat out of the bag.

How was your Grand Slam?

7 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

All this talk of Snell and Montgomery who is arguably more consistent and a safer bet… there is still just silence. 

I think a lot of this is creating a market for Snell, so that way when he signs there will already be the same market but for Montgomery.  

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If the Angels didnt attend then they don't likely have much interest in him at this point.

Because they didn’t watch him pitch in a glorified bullpen session vs a junior college? 

23 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Because they didn’t watch him pitch in a glorified bullpen session vs a junior college? 

If you thought you might sign him why wouldnt you want to see how he looks? He could sign today and very easily miss the start of the season getting himself into playing shape.

16 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

Guess I missed this but in the article about the Astros it says Snell is seeking a deal like Chapman and Bellinger’s—3 years with 2 opt outs. If that’s the truth, then I will still  be irritated if he signs elsewhere but it’s probably wise. You can’t give up a high pick for essentially a 1-year deal so Snell can re enter the market next year when the Mets, Mariners, and Yankees will likely have a lot of money to spend. We’re not one player away or in position to truly contend. A QO forfeiture, high-value one year deal doesn’t really make sense for us, as much as I want good players to be added 

Opt out after year 1 = No dice

Opt out after year 2 = Yes

15 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I think there’s a chance if he’s pitching very well we are hanging around the 3rd WC. Then they wouldn’t trade him. 

I agree which makes it palpable. Getting a playoff opportunity would be with forfeiting that pick. We gave up more for Gio.

4 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

A lot of Astros bloggers are saying snell talk has died down due to him asking too much.

At this rate, nobody is going to be getting him for any more than 5 months.

On 3/15/2024 at 5:50 PM, Chuck said:

Thank you, phew.

What Angels fans on a social media platform are worse? Facebook or reddit? 

Facebook. 

They're both terrible but the Angels reddit at least seems to understand nuance and actually knows the players.

On Facebook it's basically "where pitching" every other post. Sign anything other than a pitcher, they flip out. Sign a pitcher, they flip out because they don't know who it is. 

54 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This should tell you that him going to Houston isn’t close to a sure thing. It should also tell you that it isn’t simply Arte’s fault he hasn’t been signed. 

What this doesn’t tell me is whether Arte is actually interested in signing Snell and if he views him as someone who will substantially change the team.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think a lot of this is creating a market for Snell, so that way when he signs there will already be the same market but for Montgomery.  

By Boras? That's kind of where I'm at. Snell likes the idea of the Angels, and Boras is putting some pressure on them to see if Arte will give in. Again, we know Rosenthal's thing doesn't make any sense (Arte said yes to all bullpen but no to big names). Seems like a Boras leak, as does the Houston one and the "Giants and Astros were in attendance." This doesn't mean I think the Angels are about to sign him. But why would Olney and Heyman both say Snell is interested in the Angels unless it came from his camp? 

55 minutes ago, BTH said:

What this doesn’t tell me is whether Arte is actually interested in signing Snell and if he views him as someone who will substantially change the team.

Have you ever known Arte was "interested" or "not interested" in any free agent in the past? 

42 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Have you ever known Arte was "interested" or "not interested" in any free agent in the past? 

Yes. If he made them an offer, that’s a pretty good sign he was interested (Beltre, Cole) He also admitted he was interested in Trea Turner.

Those are just a couple examples off the top of my head.

53 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

But why would Olney and Heyman both say Snell is interested in the Angels unless it came from his camp? 

Because it’s true. The front office is interested in him.