• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

8 hours ago, BTH said:

Good thoughts in there from Ben.

As it pertains to the Angels, they are probably one of the few teams that isn't capable of developing Rosario-esque players. Which is why I could see them shopping in that market.

I suppose Stefanic kinda fits, but he can't play SS. (To be fair, Rosario's defensive metrics suggest he can't either)

Wouldn’t Rengifo be that guy?

9 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Boras Five sure hope so.   All are still unsigned with 5 weeks left until the start of the regular season.

I don't know that the Mets are going to bite.  They seem to have been pretty set on not spending a ton this offseason. They still owe a bunch this year (I think) on the Verlander and Scherzer deals.  I'd be surprised if they go after Snell or Montgomery.  Maybe Lorenzen but not Snell or Montgomery. 

I’ve never understood why people hate Boras so specifically, and agents in general. Most players who get through the initial six-years of team control and artificial limits on their earning potential, if they’re lucky, will have one shot at a big FA contract. Why shouldn’t they be able to make the most of that? Yes, they make a ton to play a game. The industry itself is also making a mind-boggling amount of money. They make that money because of the talent on the field. None of us are tuning in to see Arte and Carpino discuss marketing strategies, or to hear Perry talk about launch angles and spin rates. We want to see baseball. Those guys are the draw. Those guys should get paid commensurate with that.