• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

A dumb, meaningless statement that you don't even believe yourself and are clearly posting to provoke a reaction on the board.  Pretty textbook to me.

I do believe it. You do realize that folks can have different opinions than you and it isn't trolling?

"The top story of spring training so far has nothing to do with the seams and stitches on a baseball. Instead, the talk of spring is all about the seams and stitches of the new jersey that Major League Baseball’s on-field uniform provider has rolled out for this season: the Nike Vapor Premier.

Nike claims the new jersey is softer, lighter and stretchier than the previous model. Many players say it’s worse. In clubhouses around the league on Wednesday, they criticized the jerseys’ poor fit, cheap look, inconsistent quality and small lettering.

“It looks like a replica,” Angels outfielder Taylor Ward said. “It feels kind of like papery. It could be great when you’re out there sweating, it may be breathable. But I haven’t had that opportunity yet to try that out. But from the looks of it, it doesn’t look like a $450 jersey.

So far, thumbs down.”

At his locker, Angels reliever Carlos Estévez was in a tizzy over the new threads. He pulled out a couple tops and pairs of pants to show that the shades didn’t match. He laughed at the spacing and shrunken nature of the lettering on the back of the jersey. And he bemoaned the fact he can’t customize his pants to his preference, the way pitchers once could, tailoring the fit to their big dumpers and tree-trunk thighs.

“When I wear my pants, I feel like I’m wearing someone else’s pants,” Estévez said.

“I could see Estévez (flexing),” Ward said, “and it just ripping in the back.”

Cody Bellinger's next team odds from Bookies.com

Cody Bellinger 2024 Team Odds

Chicago Cubs  +175 (36.4%)

Los Angeles Angels +350 (22.2%)

San Francisco Giants  +550 (15.4%)

Toronto Blue Jays  +600 (14.3%)

Seattle Mariners  +750 (11.8%)

The Field  +450 (18.2%)

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

"The top story of spring training so far has nothing to do with the seams and stitches on a baseball. Instead, the talk of spring is all about the seams and stitches of the new jersey that Major League Baseball’s on-field uniform provider has rolled out for this season: the Nike Vapor Premier.

Nike claims the new jersey is softer, lighter and stretchier than the previous model. Many players say it’s worse. In clubhouses around the league on Wednesday, they criticized the jerseys’ poor fit, cheap look, inconsistent quality and small lettering.

“It looks like a replica,” Angels outfielder Taylor Ward said. “It feels kind of like papery. It could be great when you’re out there sweating, it may be breathable. But I haven’t had that opportunity yet to try that out. But from the looks of it, it doesn’t look like a $450 jersey.

So far, thumbs down.”

At his locker, Angels reliever Carlos Estévez was in a tizzy over the new threads. He pulled out a couple tops and pairs of pants to show that the shades didn’t match. He laughed at the spacing and shrunken nature of the lettering on the back of the jersey. And he bemoaned the fact he can’t customize his pants to his preference, the way pitchers once could, tailoring the fit to their big dumpers and tree-trunk thighs.

“When I wear my pants, I feel like I’m wearing someone else’s pants,” Estévez said.

“I could see Estévez (flexing),” Ward said, “and it just ripping in the back.”

i don't think nike has ever done a jersey set or redesign that made the majority of people say "you know, that's definitely an improvement. I like it."

when it comes to designing jerseys, nike is hitting about the same as jeff mathis. 

This whole doom and gloom thing is a joke. A simplified generalization. Yeah, the Angels lost Ohtani and Trout and Rendon can’t stay on the field, but the Angels core is in better shape now than it has been in a long time. Let them percolate for a year and they’ll be a nice surprise sooner rather than later.

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

This whole doom and gloom thing is a joke. A simplified generalization. Yeah, the Angels lost Ohtani and Trout and Rendon can’t stay on the field, but the Angels core is in better shape now than it has been in a long time. Let them percolate for a year and they’ll be a nice surprise sooner rather than later.

The pessimistic view regarding the team doesn’t much to do with those guys at least for me, if it were up to me Ohtani would’ve been moved at the 2022 deadline and Trout would’ve been last offseason so I don’t really care about those 2 guys.  It’s that Arte is going to remain the owner which means the team will never have any direction 

11 minutes ago, mmc said:

The pessimistic view regarding the team doesn’t much to do with those guys at least for me, if it were up to me Ohtani would’ve been moved at the 2022 deadline and Trout would’ve been last offseason so I don’t really care about those 2 guys.  It’s that Arte is going to remain the owner which means the team will never have any direction 

I think the direction this year is let young players develop. Do not make some big signing and see where team goes from here. I believe this team will surprise many this season.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Despite that for Trout to do that it would contradict his character, past/current language, and the overall vibe of who he is....

He's signed to a huge deal. He doesn't have any options and couldn't force Angels to do anything.