• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

Just now, mmc said:

I don’t think there’s any chance the Padres would do that

I'm with you.  I don't think they'd want to take on $26M for Anderson to get Ward for the next three years.  My guess is that they could get a better package for Kim.  I know that the trade evaluator site claims that this is a relatively balanced trade, but I'm not sure it is in the real world.

I don't think the Padres would take Anderson and all the money that is owed to him, for Kim im guessing it would be something like Canning and Moniak for Kim and some random prospect. Not saying id like to get rid of Canning but value wise on the trade value machine thats about what makes sense... 

Ive already mentioned it a while ago in this thread. If there is any chance at obtaining Kim you do it, dude is a stud. Let him play 2nd and backup SS for when Neto gets his injuries. Let Drury play 1B and DH. Let Rengifo play all over. Don't rely on Rendon for ANYTHING!!! Contract aside Rendon should not be looked at as an everyday player nor should his spot on this roster dictate whether or not we trade or sign another infielder/DH

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm with you.  I don't think they'd want to take on $26M for Anderson to get Ward for the next three years.  My guess is that they could get a better package for Kim.  I know that the trade evaluator site claims that this is a relatively balanced trade, but I'm not sure it is in the real world.

Would think we pay half of Anderson’s salary. We have cash and it’s not mine.

Edited by Dgar24

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don’t think there’s any chance the Padres would do that

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

1 minute ago, Ochocinco! said:

I don't think the Padres would take Anderson and all the money that is owed to him, for Kim im guessing it would be something like Canning and Moniak for Kim and some random prospect. Not saying id like to get rid of Canning but value wise on the trade value machine thats about what makes sense

The Angels could easily take on some of Anderson's contract to make it work. 

Again, look at what the Brewers got for Corbin Burnes for reference. The Padres would be getting a young OF who they desperately need and an experienced rotation guy for a year of Kim. 

The Brewers technically speaking got 2 top100 prospects and a top what 35 pick in this years draft? Thats a far cry from Moniak and Tyler Anderson. Im sure teams will be offering 1 if not 2 top 100 prospects for Kim. But If the padres want guys that can play right away I think Moniak and either Canning or Silseth makes more sense for them and makes our offer more realistic/competitive. 

5 minutes ago, Chuck said:

The Angels could easily take on some of Anderson's contract to make it work. 

Again, look at what the Brewers got for Corbin Burnes for reference. The Padres would be getting a young OF who they desperately need and an experienced rotation guy for a year of Kim. 

They got two guys who they'll control through 2029 who are currently making league-minimum and who were top 100 prospects as recently as pre-2023.

4 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

The Brewers technically speaking got 2 top100 prospects and a top what 35 pick in this years draft? Thats a far cry from Moniak and Tyler Anderson. Im sure teams will be offering 1 if not 2 top 100 prospects for Kim. But If the padres want guys that can play right away I think Moniak and either Canning or Silseth makes more sense for them and makes our offer more realistic/competitive. 

I just posted something similar, but had forgotten about the draft pick, too--so, yeah, comparing Anderson and Ward to what the Brewers got does not line up favorably for the Angels, to say the least.  Lol.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

They got two guys who they'll control through 2029 who are currently making league-minimum and who were top 100 prospects as recently as pre-2023.

and both of them have more risk than reward type value as prospects, where the Padres would be getting some players who have had some success at the big league level. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck said:

and both of them have more risk than reward type value as prospects, where the Padres would be getting some players who have had some success at the big league level. 

If you were Preller and Minasian offered you Ward and Anderson (plus some cash) for Kim, would you do it?  Be honest.

13 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

If you were Preller and Minasian offered you Ward and Anderson (plus some cash) for Kim, would you do it?  Be honest.

They're looking for outfield help and rotation help (per the earlier report) now, not later (prospects).

Yu Darvish and Joe Musgrave cannot seem to stay healthy over the course of the season, both coming off injuries. Anderson who had success in the NL West a year prior offerings reliability in terms of health and innings. Ward gives them a guy who was on pace to club 20+ HR last year before getting drilled in the face and who had a good season in 2022. You get one for three years, another for two years. 

I would do it. 

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I would consider it if I'm the Padres. Though I would seek better offers first.

But I wouldn't do it if I were us. We have more needs than another good middle infielder. I think we'd be better served getting value out of Ward and Anderson as members of the OF and rotation than trading them away for a one year rental.

The Angels shouldn’t be trading for players with 1 year left on their deal.

Only player it’d make sense for is Bieber, since he would likely sign an extension.

Edited by BTH

1 minute ago, BTH said:

The Angels shouldn’t be trading for players with 1 year left on their deal.

Only player it’d make sense for is Bieber, since he would likely sign an extension.

Kim could be a real difference maker, we would unload Anderson and give that spot to Silseth (who I like better) and that gives DH to Drury, Rendon, etc.

I think Bieber is more of a risk on a one year deal than Kim, who could be extended with the Angels as well. 

33 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

14 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Kim could be a real difference maker, we would unload Anderson and give that spot to Silseth (who I like better) and that gives DH to Drury, Rendon, etc.

I think Bieber is more of a risk on a one year deal than Kim, who could be extended with the Angels as well. 

I agree this guy is worth a risk, game changer on defense on the bases lot of energy. Let me ask if your Minasian last year of contract,no guarantees past this year aren’t you looking for a player like this? Maybe it’s Sandoval gets Kim and a prospect. There’s pitching in the market still. 

Edited by Dgar24

3 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Maybe some movement tomorrow? Though I'm not sure who the Angels would place on the 60-day IL to create room for a FA or trade acquisition?

Quijada is it, that we know of.