• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

All 4 remaining key FAs are Boras clients.

it’s time for the owners to give Boras a setback!

He can’t claim collusion, because the owners can simply say his demands are outrageous.

I partly blame the Doyyers for giving $325 million to a pitcher without MLB experience!  F U Doyyers!

Edited by Angel Oracle

10 hours ago, totdprods said:

Has there been anything about Matt Chapman this winter? Getting to a point where if he’d take a one-year Adrian Beltre Boston deal I would definitely start considering it. Rendon can enjoy the DH spot so he has to work less.

You know I was wondering about him too. 

As much as I don't want to encourage Tony's too blessed behavior by counting on him to show up at all, Chapman is solid at 3rd and would be a nice consistent bat in the lineup. 

In fact if we could swapt him for Rendon (contract and all) for the forseeable future I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

21 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

You know I was wondering about him too. 

As much as I don't want to encourage Tony's too blessed behavior by counting on him to show up at all, Chapman is solid at 3rd and would be a nice consistent bat in the lineup. 

In fact if we could swapt him for Rendon (contract and all) for the forseeable future I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

I’m down to add Chapman. He isn’t what he used to be but 15-20 homers and a .750ish OPS…. He adds good veteran depth to the infield and is insurance if Rendon does his annual disappearing act. It also keeps DH open for Rendon and Trout to cycle through. 

I’m also still hoping we get Snell, even thought it seems everyone else here doesn’t want us to. His limited experience pitching deep into games doesn’t scare me off, if we could add another bullpen arm to the mix I think it sets the pitching staff up perfectly to absorb a few less innings out of the starter. 

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

Don't understand the hype about Snell either AO.

Hard pass on him IMO.  

Yep, he wont move the needle enough to consider such a move at the current rate he is asking. If you are a team that is looked at as a playoff team, this would make more sense. The Angels should be developing a culture, from what I have heard Snell say in the past, he isnt that guy. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Other than his 2 Cy Young seasons, Snell has averaged just a tick UNDER 5 innings/start (4.93 innings) in his career.

Which seasons are the outliers?

It's not even the innings pitched thing for me, it's the fact that outside of his Cy seasons he is just a guy. 4.00 ERA, 120 IP guy. The odds of us getting a Cy season from him are low, and if we did, it probably would be likeliest in '24 or '25, when it probably wouldn't be enough to get us to the playoffs anyways.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

It's not even the innings pitched thing for me, it's the fact that outside of his Cy seasons he is just a guy. 4.00 ERA, 120 IP guy. The odds of us getting a Cy season from him are low, and if we did, it probably would be likeliest in '24 or '25, when it probably wouldn't be enough to get us to the playoffs anyways.

I'd take that, tbh. 

He's not worth the contract he's going to get, and he's not worth losing a draft pick (which is why I prefer Montgomery), but I think he's a guy who could solidify the front end of the rotation for a few years while Detmers and Sandoval get their shit figured out. Not to mention Silseth and the eventual emergence of Caden Dana.

And it's not going to stop us from getting Burnes next year if Arte really wants him. 

I just think adding a guy to push everyone back is extremely important. Keep Silseth and Daniel as the 6 and 7 guys and hope to god Bachman can be healthy. 

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yet another struggling pitcher rescued by the Rays

Offer their pitching coach whatever he wants.

I don’t think it’s that easy. They’ve had this going on for so long, and have had many FO/coaches poached over the years. There isn’t a singular guy. It’s like a KFC 11 Herbs and Spices type thing going on where I think their formula is compartmentalized to where losing any individual isn’t enough to tank them or allow their secrets into the world.

Pretty nervous about Stephenson tbh! But think there’s enough there for the Halos to still get usage out of him.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I don’t think it’s that easy. They’ve had this going on for so long, and have had many FO/coaches poached over the years. There isn’t a singular guy. It’s like a KFC 11 Herbs and Spices type thing going on where I think their formula is compartmentalized to where losing any individual isn’t enough to tank them or allow their secrets into the world.

Pretty nervous about Stephenson tbh! But think there’s enough there for the Halos to still get usage out of him.

Then hire the person who set up the pitching instruction.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yet another struggling pitcher rescued by the Rays

Offer their pitching coach whatever he wants.

Which goes back to numerous conversations we've had and even Victor talked about in one of the podcasts....

You can't place everyone in the same cookie cutter box. Players are individuals with their own tools and abilities. 

You work with what you have! And attempt to play around their flaws. Or, make an adjustment that works for the individual player.

Not just say, hey this is what you do now! That never works well.