• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

2 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

MLB reporters have no idea what's going on right now, they are all just throwing crap against the wall because they have nothing else to talk about and just keep regurgitating the same topics everyday with a slightly different spin. 

Nightingale says we are the favorites to sign Snell, Heyman says we do nothing....that is more than a slightly different spin...

41 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I understand this for sure.  But, any picks they make in the next 2 years will likely not help the team within the next 4-5 years.  

Sir..  This would be true of any team except this one.  But as a whole I agree. 

42 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

And if you actually want to win, you probably have to concentrate your resources into certain windows.  The Angels have lots of young players now coming into their primes, so you can argue that this next few years IS the window to concentrate your resources into.

For me it's less about not spending, .vs spending on someone I think is overvalued.  I've said this before, I hate that this winter has caused me to "shit" on someone I like as much as I do Snell. He's just not the sort of front of the rotation guy one expects at what it will cost to get him. That said, having potentially improved the bullpen his "issues" aren't as magnified, but he's more of an Ace's sidekick than he what I envision as an ace despite having ace talent. I mean if the Angels are truly waiting to see him drop below 200 mil then, I'd give them props for having played the long game, especially since Montgomery lacks his pure talent and isn't looking like he's going to be any cheaper.

I wish Sonny Gray would have even considered signing here.

47 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Getting Snell and Burnes would maximize this window, while the couple of draft picks probably would not. . . Unless you traded them in a package to get an impact player.  But if you are willing to do that, then just sign the players you need and forfeit the picks.

I don't know that the Angels window has truly opened, I don't know that whoever they pick won't simply add to the mix of young players they have drafted in the last 17 months and are already performing at the MLB level.  You're speaking in absolutes while including a couple guys that essentially go against the very point you're trying to make.

Again, my preference is to continue to add to that core -- but my preferences don't mean shit and the Angels are gonna Angel.

As always, F the Dodgers!

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

you sign snell this year and explain he's a significant part of your committment to be competitive, and that next year you're going hard to sign burnes. emphasize the potentcy of them at the top of starting pitching.

then next year you go to burnes and tell him the plan and how much he would add to it. drop a big fat wad of benjamins in front of him and off you go.

So when are you having lunch with Burnes and why wasn't this info mentioned at your most recent Luncheon?

40 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Then Burnes says aww thats cute and signs with the Dodgers for double the price all deferred 

I mean, you're not wrong but the Dodgers have like 30-35 front of the rotation types coming back from TJS in the next year..  Of course it's the Dodgers, they are smart, and could always trade 12 of them and get over on everyone.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

So when are you having lunch with Burnes and why wasn't this info mentioned at your most recent Luncheon?

i still have covid brain. sorry about that. 

it'll be on the next lunch with tank.