• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

15 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Holy shit that dude is a dominant reliever in Japan. His stats are wild.

He's not nasty, he's yuki. Please clap.

Yuki Matsui Japanese Leagues Statistics | Baseball-Reference.com

I heard he's close to signing with the Padres. 

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Shouldn’t at least 2/3 of the DH starts be set aside for Rendon and Trout?

Need to stay away from signing a full time DH.

I’d give Rengifo full time at 3B, and move Rendon to 1B to minimize the poor arm.  Rendon can platoon with Schanuel, and DH otherwise.

I keep coming back to the fact that neither Rengifo nor Drury saw much time at 3B last season. Drury none at all. Leaves me thinking they're not comfortable with either there defensively, given that there was plenty of opportunity. 

It will be real interesting to see how they handle Rengifo. On paper, 3B should  be Rendon's for the next three seasons by virtue of his contract. He wasn't bad there defensively.
Defensive metrics are sketch to measure, but Rengifo's only real positive career defensive numbers, at least on BBRef, come at 3B.

image.png

Drury looked really solid at 2B last year. 

It will be interesting to see how Washington and Goins work with Rengifo. I've often wondered if it would benefit him to just focus on one position defensively. If it was 2B, he and Neto could have up-the-middle locked up for a couple years. If his defense improved enough to where he saw time at SS this year (be it Neto is hurt or struggles) and proved to be at least an average, if not above-average defensive SS, all of the sudden that becomes a new twist, especially if his bat breaks out. 

Finding a position long-term for Rengifo is going to be something interesting to watch, and I hope figuring that out is something of a priority for Ron, Perry and Co. this winter. Unless they trade him. I'd move him to Miami for Edward Cabrera in a heartbeat.

Edited by totdprods

28 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Shouldn’t at least 2/3 of the DH starts be set aside for Rendon and Trout?

Need to stay away from signing a full time DH.

I’d give Rengifo full time at 3B, and move Rendon to 1B to minimize the poor arm.  Rendon can platoon with Schanuel, and DH otherwise.

When did Rendon ever have an issue with his throwing arm?... News to me...

That's the only part he never hurt!

1 minute ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

When did Rendon ever have an issue with his throwing arm?... News to me...

That's the only part he never hurt!

I think they're talking about the occasional Chuck Knoblauchitis he has from time to time.

In my opinion, I don't think it's so serious that we can't play him at 3B.

27 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I keep coming back to the fact that neither Rengifo nor Drury saw much time at 3B last season. Drury none at all. Leaves me thinking they're not comfortable with either there defensively, given that there was plenty of opportunity. 

It will be real interesting to see how they handle Rengifo. On paper, 3B should  be Rendon's for the next three seasons by virtue of his contract. He wasn't bad there defensively.
Defensive metrics are sketch to measure, but Rengifo's only real positive career defensive numbers, at least on BBRef, come at 3B.

image.png

Drury looked really solid at 2B last year. 

It will be interesting to see how Washington and Goins work with Rengifo. I've often wondered if it would benefit him to just focus on one position defensively. If it was 2B, he and Neto could have up-the-middle locked up for a couple years. If his defense improved enough to where he saw time at SS this year (be it Neto is hurt or struggles) and proved to be at least an average, if not above-average defensive SS, all of the sudden that becomes a new twist, especially if his bat breaks out. 

Finding a position long-term for Rengifo is going to be something interesting to watch, and I hope figuring that out is something of a priority for Ron, Perry and Co. this winter. Unless they trade him. I'd move him to Miami for Edward Cabrera in a heartbeat.

Defense is easier than you think... once you see glove side #'s dropping is when the player is losing his athleticism... As it's the reaction time, first step quickness...

Glove side should always be higher as the glove is an extension of the hand. Once that side deteriorates then it's either lower half or reaction time.

A couple seasons of that then you'll see the gradual decline of the base stealing, hard hit ball rate etc. Back to lower half and reaction time.