• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

I wonder what team has the advantage the longer this drags out with Ohtani. 
Has he not found what he's looking for in other teams that might cause him to come back to the Angels?
Is it a bidding war?

If he wanted to return to Anaheim then I don't see why that hasn't happened already. Maybe he just wants Arte to dish out more cash, though that doesn't sound like him.

Any offer he accepts will be generational money. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he left cash on the table with offers he rejects. I agree with Stradling, its likely a struggle on what he wants. Loyalty and build a legacy with the team who drafted him or go to a club whose more win ready now and go do that. 

13 hours ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

I'm hearing a lot of Blue Jays being the front-runner for Ohtani. Lots of people saying this. I know the Jays want to make a big splash so why not do it with the best player in baseball the last few seasons.

I think he is looking for a way to break the news as softly as he can to us. He doesnt want to be viewed as a bad guy and has always took extra care to be respectful to everyone. I am sure he knows that its going to break alot of hearts if he says Im out and o by the way im going across town to sleep with your older hot rich sister the Dodgers. With that said I will still respect this guy and what he does on the field and would still pull for him just not when they face us lol.

Edited by Chitown27Fan