• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Feinsand: Angels are “very interested” in Blake Snell

mmc

5 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Ohtani’s 130+ innings pitched is gone.  This team needs somebody to step in and lead the rotation in innings pitched.

You could do a whole lot worse than Blake Snell.

I swear if the Yankees or Dodgers sign this guy everyone will complain about the missed opportunity, but if the Angels sign him then we will hear what a dumb signing it is.

This team needs starters.  I am not going to complain about this team signing a guy that threw 180 innings last year and twice has been a Cy young winner.

Maybe he get hurt or will stink.  But maybe ANY pitcher on the roster will get hurt or will stink.

Your thought process reeks of desperation.

Edited by Swordsman78

30 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I’m fairly certain the number 3 I’m going to take in an hour after that del taco session will have a more coherent thought process than anything coming out of @Angels 1961 and @Swordsman78

that statement is both accurate and terrifying. 

My thought process is  also against the desperation (and insulting to genuine Angel fans) signing of Jake Marisnick.   May as well go get Jesse Winker now too.    

Don't sign him or any other 100 million + free agents. We lost Ohtani, rebuild the damn team and maybe spend once they are out from under Rendon's contract and have built up the farm system through draft and trading players in their 2nd/3rd arb years. Who knows, maybe they will get lucky one of those years and sneak into the playoffs anyways but if losing Ohtani doesn't scream for a rebuild, I dunno what does.

After 20 years I cant believe that some of us cant see, beleive, or understand that Arte has no desire will or want for a rebuild, He wants his stars and toys and he wants to make money, Telling fans hay we suck and are going to suck for a few years dont sell tickets. He would rather finish middle of the pack then finish last. Until he sells the team to a new person with diffrent ideas and goals just know we are signing what ever shinny new thing he can convince to come. I am just thankful that Perry probably talked him off the Ohtani cliff to understand if we sign this guy you will be under his contract for 20 years 10 of witch he wont be selling tickets anymore. 

Edited by Chitown27Fan

I know everyone sh*t’s on Snell for not going deep into games but who tf does in todays game outside of a handful of guys. Not counting the Covid year this guy has thrown the following amount of innings

All while sporting a career 3.2 era. Yes he has his “bad” years where at WORST he’s a 4.2 era pitcher (just using era as a simple metric for the moment). This team has been dying for that kind of production outside of Ohtani the last 5.. sh*t, 10 years! 
It’s clear we need to have a strong bullpen around guys like Snell, Sandoval, Detmers who don’t tend to go deep into games. So Perry has to keep beefing the bullpen up, but if Snell is our first “big” move post Ohtani then I’ll be happy with it. However Snell can simply NOT be the only pitching move we make the rest of the off-season. 

3 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

I know everyone sh*t’s on Snell for not going deep into games but who tf does in todays game outside of a handful of guys. Not counting the Covid year this guy has thrown the following amount of innings

All while sporting a career 3.2 era. Yes he has his “bad” years where at WORST he’s a 4.2 era pitcher (just using era as a simple metric for the moment). This team has been dying for that kind of production outside of Ohtani the last 5.. sh*t, 10 years! 
It’s clear we need to have a strong bullpen around guys like Snell, Sandoval, Detmers who don’t tend to go deep into games. So Perry has to keep beefing the bullpen up, but if Snell is our first “big” move post Ohtani then I’ll be happy with it. However Snell can simply NOT be the only pitching move we make the rest of the off-season. 

It’s the middle 3 years and lack of innings that are a concern, given the likely price tag.

Can he actually stay healthy enough for multiple years in a row?

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

It’s the middle 3 years and lack of innings that are a concern, given the likely price tag.

Can he actually stay healthy enough for multiple years in a row?

Snell's lack of innings is more attributed to the fact that he doesn't go deep into ball games because he gets into serious control issues. So he ends up with 5 IP, 1 ER, 7 BB, 108 pitches a lot. He's been relatively healthy through out his career. Sure, he's missed time here and there, but nothing extremely long term.