• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Managerial Search Thread

BTH

Nevin was BLESSED to get his first job as a manager with the Angels, and he was also BLESSED to hold the job due to specific circumstances for all of 2023.

If he is a legit field manager, and the Angels are truly dumb not to retain him, then he will surely get another opportunity with another team sooner rather than later.

It is a bit telling that I have not heard his name mentioned even once as a candidate for other openings.

Swordsman’s deep conviction that Nevin is the real deal is backed by absolutely nothing.

It’s fine to just like a guy.  That’s part of sports.  “I wish the Angels kept Nevin because I kinda liked him” would get no ridicule.

But to get preachy and condescending and argumentative (with no actual argument) that Nevin deserved to have the job moving forward is just embarrassing.

He had plenty of time to convince the powers above him that he was the guy.  He didn’t do that.  It is literally that simple.

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Swordsman’s deep conviction that Nevin is the real deal is backed by absolutely nothing.

you almost have to hope he’s a family member or family friend of Nevin, because otherwise this deep obsession is kinda weird.

I would add that anybody that might have even a little bit of input on who should be manager has infinitely more first-hand, behind the scenes insights (compared to fans) into relationships, demeanor, actual management of individual players, cohesiveness, discipline, fairness, ability to handle adversity, emotional intelligence, strategy, confidential feedback from players, and on and on and on.

We get none of that.  It’s private.  We can, however, see wins and losses.

It doesn’t matter WHY Nevin didn’t get an extension, and it’s mostly stupid to even pretend to know why, especially if your agenda is to argue against the decision.  We don’t get to know why.

If they let him go, it is because the sum of all those things mentioned above (along with wins and losses) convinced them they can do better.

There really isn’t much to even discuss on Nevin being let go, other than some random fan on this board irrationally dug in on pretending he has better insight than the actual decision makers.

image.jpeg

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would add that anybody that might have even a little bit of input on who should be manager has infinitely more first-hand, behind the scenes insights (compared to fans) into relationships, demeanor, actual management of individual players, cohesiveness, discipline, fairness, ability to handle adversity, emotional intelligence, strategy, confidential feedback from players, and on and on and on.

We get none of that.  It’s private.  We can, however, see wins and losses.

It doesn’t matter WHY Nevin didn’t get an extension, and it’s mostly stupid to even pretend to know why, especially if your agenda is to argue against the decision.  We don’t get to know why.

If they let him go, it is because the sum of all those things mentioned above (along with wins and losses) convinced them they can do better.

There really isn’t much to even discuss on Nevin being let go, other than some random fan on this board irrationally dug in on pretending he has better insight than the actual decision makers.

image.jpeg

Nice gif.   I would probably pwn you in actual chess though.

35 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Guys should lay bets so we can get the pot up to $1000.

Pro tip:  I own Strad on this board, and will also own him on the chess board.

$100 on Fry Boy. $200 if Fan Boy wins.