• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2023 MLB Postseason Gameday Threads

m0nkey

4 minutes ago, angelsfan100 said:

I live in "Dback country". It's kind of a joke of a franchise, and I have no idea how they're still here to be honest. The owners have been begging the city and the county to gift them a new stadium. And I kind of want them to lose tonight because if they make the WS it'll only empower their owners to exploit the city further. There really aren't many Dback fans here either. It's mostly Dodger fans and Cubs fans. I still remember going to see the Angels play them in 2015 and most of the stadium was Angels fans. 

It's because almost half the teams make the playoffs these days, and the playoffs are pretty much random at this point.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's because almost half the teams make the playoffs these days, and the playoffs are pretty much random at this point.

I think you might've misunderstood my comment about them still being here as still in Arizona. I wasn't referring to the playoffs. I was referring to the fact they have threatened to move to LV a lot. 

1 minute ago, angelsfan100 said:

I think you might've misunderstood my comment about them still being here as still in Arizona. I wasn't referring to the playoffs. I was referring to the fact they have threatened to move to LV a lot. 

Let's pretend my response makes sense.

DBacks up 4-2 with clutch AB's!

Fu*k yeah!!!!

29 minutes ago, angelsfan100 said:

There really aren't many Dback fans here either. It's mostly Dodger fans and Cubs fans. I still remember going to see the Angels play them in 2015 and most of the stadium was Angels fans. When teams like the Dodgers, Giants and Cubs aren't in town their attedance is really bad. 

I might be over-guessing it, but I'd say almost 50% of Arizona's population is immigrants from other states, and most have moved here from California or Illinois, the mid-West, so it's tough to convert a fanbase.

But with the way the Angels have been playing, it's been fun to go to games and watch them this season.

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

DBacks up 4-2 with clutch AB's!

Fu*k yeah!!!!

I might be over-guessing it, but I'd say almost 50% of Arizona's population is immigrants from other states, and most have moved here from California or Illinois, so it's tough to convert a fanbase.

It's about 89-90% if I recall. You'd be hard pressed to find someone living here who was actually born here. I'm one of them. lol

2 minutes ago, angelsfan100 said:

It's about 89-90% if I recall. You'd be hard pressed to find someone living here who was actually born here. I'm one of them. lol

It's so rare that whenever I run into an Arizona native I usually latch on to them to talk about how much the place has changed in the last 30 years lol.

The stories are pretty phenomenal, one older gentleman was telling me how he remembers Rural being a dirt road LOL

Even being here for 7 years I've seen dramatic changes, even just in Tempe and the surrounding rural areas.

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

It's so rare that whenever I run into an Arizona native I usually latch on to them to talk about how much the place has changed in the last 30 years lol.

The stories are pretty phenomenal, one older gentleman was telling me how he remembers Rural being a dirt road LOL

Even being here for 7 years I've seen dramatic changes, even just in Tempe and the surrounding rural areas.

Yep. I just turned 30 last month actually. That doesn't surprise me. A lot has changed.I grew up in south gilbert where it was all dirt fields. Now it's housing all developments and strip malls. Makes me sad in a way, but it is what it is. I'm up in Mesa now along the 60 now. And Tempe has changed quite a bit too.

51 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

@m0nkey Can't tell if sarcasm? If not, appreciate it.

Honestly, besides the ugly roof (which any roof on a 25 year old indoor stadium looks ugly) I like it. Left field bleachers are fun. I like how when you walk in you're on the concourse, and it's a nice trip around the stadium.

With the roof open those big square ads rotate open as well, and it's beautiful during a night game with the AZ sunset sky.

No I genuinely liked it. Agree on the concourse, enjoy that the roof was closed since it was still like 100 by first pitch. 

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

No I genuinely liked it. Agree on the concourse, enjoy that the roof was closed since it was still like 100 by first pitch. 

It's a fun stadium tbh. I was there back in May with my sister and some of her friends who had seats behind homeplate. We plan on going when the Angels are in town next season. Can't wait to see Trout that close up. 

18 minutes ago, angelsfan100 said:

Yep. I just turned 30 last month actually. That doesn't surprise me. A lot has changed.I grew up in south gilbert where it was all dirt fields. Now it's housing all developments and strip malls. Makes me sad in a way, but it is what it is. I'm up in Mesa now along the 60 now. And Tempe has changed quite a bit too.

I actually live in Gilbert lol, right off the 60. 

I worked in Tempe for 5 years and watched the development of all the new high rise buildings, probably more than a half dozen. There were still empty lots around the area when I started, there are practically none now. 

One thing I love about this place is everything is literally 20-40 minutes away. Downtown Phoenix? 20 mins. Nature hike? 30 minutes. Desert to shoot some guns? 20 mins. Saguaro Lake? 40 mins. Place has really grown on me, when it's hot, I hibernate or only go out at night.

And we had a phenomenal Winter last year from October to May.