• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels lose to Orioles, falling for 7th time in last 8 games

AngelsWin.com

ANAHEIM — Manager Phil Nevin held a brief team meeting before the Angels’ 6-3 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night.

Hours before the Angels lost for the seventh time in their last eight games, Nevin said he had no issue with the way his players were doing their work, even though the Angels (64-74) have dropped to a season-worst 10 games under .500.

“I’m not angry with these guys,” Nevin said before the game. “No reason to be angry with them. I’ve said it all along, they come in and they prepare and practice and play to win. That hasn’t changed for me.

“I’ve mentioned focus a couple of times, which with a young group with young players you have to stay on them about that part of it. There’s no part of this team that’s shown quit, shown lack of fire, a lack of intensity, a lack of anything.

“It’s just where we’re at right now. You’re going to win some. You’re going to lose some. We’ve lost a little more than we’ve won.”

On Monday, left-hander Kenny Rosenberg got a spot start because the Angels are currently down two starters. The Angels placed Lucas Giolito on waivers and he was claimed by the Cleveland Guardians, and Chase Silseth suffered a concussion when he was hit in the head by a throw.

Rosenberg got through six innings and he allowed only three runs, all of them in the third. He gave up five hits in the inning, and only two hits in the other five innings he pitched.

Rosenberg is likely to get another start or two down the stretch because of the uncertainty about Silseth and because they are trying to avoid having their starters work on four days of rest, as they would do in a true five-man rotation.

The Angels trailed 3-2 after Rosenberg was done, having scored on a Mickey Moniak RBI double in the second and a Randal Grichuk homer in the fourth.

The Orioles put the game away with Gunnar Henderson’s three-run homer against Gerardo Reyes in the seventh inning.

The Angels’ Brandon Drury hit his 20th home run of the season in the eighth.

More to come on this story.

View the full article

3 hours ago, AngelsWin.com said:

ANAHEIM — Manager Phil Nevin held a brief team meeting before the Angels’ 6-3 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night.

“It’s just where we’re at right now. You’re going to win some. You’re going to lose some. We’ve lost a little more than we’ve won.”

Those are some mighty impressive words of inspiration right there.  I mean, engrave them on a plaque and place it right above the locker room doors.

8 hours ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Those are some mighty impressive words of inspiration right there.  I mean, engrave them on a plaque and place it right above the locker room doors.

On top of all the injuries, the FO optioned 5 starters a week ago.   No longer in the tool bag.

The FO isn't interested in winning any more games this year, so why would you care enough to comment on  what the manager says.  These were Perrys moves, he should be sent out to face the media every day.