• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels transfer catcher Max Stassi to restricted list, cutting more payroll

AngelsWin.com

6 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I am not sure.

Thanks.  Figured it was worth an ask.  You might not know these, either, but it's an off-day and there's not much else to talk about, so I'll ask anyway:

- Hypothetically, if Stassi stays on the restricted list the entire 2024 season, what happens to the Angels' option for '25?  Are they still obligated to either buy it out for $500K or pay him the $7.5M if he comes back in '25?  Or do their obligations in '25 disappear?

- I assume if he's on the restricted list for some portion of '24 and then comes back, the Angels are simply obligated to pay a prorated portion of the $7M he's signed for next year?

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Thanks.  Figured it was worth an ask.  You might not know these, either, but it's an off-day and there's not much else to talk about, so I'll ask anyway:

- Hypothetically, if Stassi stays on the restricted list the entire 2024 season, what happens to the Angels' option for '25?  Are they still obligated to either buy it out for $500K or pay him the $7.5M if he comes back in '25?  Or do their obligations in '25 disappear?

- I assume if he's on the restricted list for some portion of '24 and then comes back, the Angels are simply obligated to pay a prorated portion of the $7M he's signed for next year?

I don’t think he’ll still be on the restricted list next year. I think he’ll either be playing or he’ll retire. 

If he is, then they would just pay him when he’s active.