• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels select Kyren Paris, recall Marte, Ingram, Wantz, Reyes, and Stefanic, Daniel reinstated from 60-day IL, optioned to AAA

I think you have to give Jordyn Adams another shot and let him work through his defensive issues in the big leagues so that he gets confidence here in the show. The kid has been excellent defensively in the minors this year. 

Adams has had his best season offensively this season and he's still only 23 years old, slashing .267/.348/.461 with 13 HR and 39 SB.

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Any chance we see Kyren Paris? I know it's doubtful but man I'd like to see some young talent up here in the remaining month of the season rather than the same old retreads. 

You never know with Minasian. It wouldn’t shock me.

Neto should be back soon. You look at possible call-ups and it is really sad. 2024 looks very bleak, hope they just go with kids next year. No signing any FA position players. Bullpen will need 7 or 8 new faces. Wonder if Arte decides to sell team and just not spend anything this off season. Tyler Anderson in rotation next year is scary. Hope Silseth can bounce back from being hit. Silseth did show some promise. With Ohtani gone halos will have 1 less pitcher on roster next year.

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think you have to give Jordyn Adams another shot and let him work through his defensive issues in the big leagues so that he gets confidence here in the show. The kid has been excellent defensively in the minors this year. 

Adams has had his best season offensively this season and he's still only 23 years old, slashing .267/.348/.461 with 13 HR and 39 SB.

Yeah let the kids play nothing to lose.

47 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Neto should be back soon. You look at possible call-ups and it is really sad. 2024 looks very bleak, hope they just go with kids next year. No signing any FA position players. Bullpen will need 7 or 8 new faces. Wonder if Arte decides to sell team and just not spend anything this off season. Tyler Anderson in rotation next year is scary. Hope Silseth can bounce back from being hit. Silseth did show some promise. With Ohtani gone halos will have 1 less pitcher on roster next year.

I'm good with whatever the hell they do as long as Arte sells the team 

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Could also see them grabbing a couple guys who were DFAed from these claims (Devin Sweet? Peyton Battenfield?) if for no other reason than to restock some of the upper minors.

I'd jump at Sweet. His AAA are damn good for a reliever. 

Who did the Reds end up dropping? 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Forgot about Phillips, but, yeah, I'd be surprised if they went down that road again.  No reason to.

He's probably a good guy to have around. Especially now when you are done, the season has been disappointing, and the future is uncertain.

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'd jump at Sweet. His AAA are damn good for a reliever. 

Who did the Reds end up dropping? 

Nick Siani and Alejó López. 4th OF and UT IF types.

Roster expansion could bring more DFAs too. Could go a long ways to replacing some of the pitching depth dealt away, even if it’s just fringe 40-man AAA fodder.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

It’s a great time for him to get past the hurdle he needs IMO of taking his lumps at the big league level and adjusting. Better now than in a future season when he’s needed. 

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Who fills the roster void? Marte called up, Daniel reinstated from 60-day IL, optioned to AAA

It's so sad thinking about players other teams DFA. What direction will this team take in off season? Very weak FA market (not that any would come here) and very little to trade from minors. I'm sure talk will be about Bellinger, Urias, Stroman signing here. Ask yourself if you were a FA would you want to sign with Angels. Eight years of losing and going into off season with Ohtani signing with Dodgers or Seattle. I hope 2024 halos see Neto, O'Hoppe, Schanuel, Moniak, Adell get plenty of playing time. Maybe they can form their own identity for themselves. This whole season has been focused on Ohtani and trying to make a run at playoffs. It has turned out to be a total disaster. Mianasian will not get GM of the year but I do give him credit for trying. I may be in minority, but I hope Nevin is back. 

32 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

It's so sad thinking about players other teams DFA. What direction will this team take in off season? Very weak FA market (not that any would come here) and very little to trade from minors. I'm sure talk will be about Bellinger, Urias, Stroman signing here. Ask yourself if you were a FA would you want to sign with Angels. Eight years of losing and going into off season with Ohtani signing with Dodgers or Seattle. I hope 2024 halos see Neto, O'Hoppe, Schanuel, Moniak, Adell get plenty of playing time. Maybe they can form their own identity for themselves. This whole season has been focused on Ohtani and trying to make a run at playoffs. It has turned out to be a total disaster. Mianasian will not get GM of the year but I do give him credit for trying. I may be in minority, but I hope Nevin is back. 

Ever heard of the enter/return button?

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

It’s a great time for him to get past the hurdle he needs IMO of taking his lumps at the big league level and adjusting. Better now than in a future season when he’s needed. 

My concern with promoting Adams and letting him work out his defensive issues in the majors is that I don’t want any young pitchers getting hindered by that.

I want good defense behind Detmers, Silseth, Canning, Soriano, Marte, and whoever else they bring up.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Could also see them grabbing a couple guys who were DFAed from these claims (Devin Sweet? Peyton Battenfield?) if for no other reason than to restock some of the upper minors.

The thing is, Perry has hardly ever claimed players off waivers during his tenure as GM.

So I’m not sure that he’s going to start doing that.

2 minutes ago, BTH said:

My concern with promoting Adams and letting him work out his defensive issues in the majors is that I don’t want any young pitchers getting hindered by that.

I want good defense behind Detmers, Silseth, Canning, Soriano, Marte, and whoever else they bring up.

Adams will be fine in OF. I worry about pushing these young players too soon to majors.

4 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I'm not a fan of either guy, but I don't see how Velazquez is any better than Fletcher. They're paying Fletcher a million dollars a month, they might as well get some use out of him. 

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Fletcher

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Fletcher?

If the Angels call up Fletcher now and he’s on the roster for the rest of the season, he’ll pass 5 years of service time and can elect free agency (while still getting his full salary) the next time he’s outrighted.

I think they’d prefer to keep him as non-40-man depth heading into next season, since they’re paying him anyway. So he might not get called up for a couple weeks, if at all.

1 minute ago, BTH said:

If the Angels call up Fletcher now and he’s on the roster for the rest of the season, he’ll pass 5 years of service time and can elect free agency (while still getting his full salary) the next time he’s outrighted.

I think they’d prefer to keep him as non-40-man depth heading into next season, since they’re paying him anyway. So he might not get called up for a couple weeks, if at all.

Yes, a few posts after my original one, I said that I actually didn't think they'd bring him back up this year.