• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2024 Presidential Election

President Pole  

1. 1. Who will win?

• The Prosecutor
    • The Felon

Just now, Taylor said:

MAGA, do your kids go to private school?

They do not, but we try to be active in the local school. They seem to be good folks here. One of the local teenage girls on the street hates the high school we’re zoned for because her teachers aren’t all for transing the kids. So that gives me hope. Maybe if the governor here can get his school voucher program stood up like he wants we’ll think about it.

49 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

IMG_1443.jpeg.1d11be5be4f6c1922eb53097b251969b.jpeg

Just to be sure I’m reading this right.  Is this saying that roughly 11% of sexual abuse cases are “public school teachers” and like I dunno 6.5% are specifically “Catholic priests” ? 

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

They do not, but we try to be active in the local school. They seem to be good folks here. One of the local teenage girls on the street hates the high school we’re zoned for because her teachers aren’t all for transing the kids. So that gives me hope. Maybe if the governor here can get his school voucher program stood up like he wants we’ll think about it.

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Something like 80-90 percent of public school funding is all state and local taxes, fyi

I get that public education exists without the department of education, but if we leave it completely to the states it’s only a matter of time before some Republican governor decides to privatize education in an entire state. 

3 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Oh for fucks sake. Thankfully you happened to land in the one good one. 

That’s because the teachers in Tennessee don’t try to make all their kids trans like the teachers in California or Oregon.

Just now, Taylor said:

I get that public education exists without the department of education, but if we leave it completely to the states it’s only a matter of time before some Republican governor decides to privatize education in an entire state. 

This has already happened in like Louisiana.  I believe his issue is “dictates” from the Department of education.  

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This has already happened in like Louisiana.  I believe his issue is “dictates” from the Department of education.  

Yeah, I guess the DOE is pretty feckless when you have Texas teaching that slavery was good for the blacks and DeSantis allowing the spouses of veterans to become teachers after passing an online certification program. 

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I’m serious. I don’t believe you actually think that’s a thing that would happen.

You already have a growing movement on the right calling universal preschool indoctrination. The private school lobby has been working for years to destroy the public’s trust in public education. Christopher Rufo is their mouthpiece.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You already have a growing movement on the right calling universal preschool indoctrination. The private school lobby has been working for years to destroy the public’s trust in public education. Christopher Rufo is their mouthpiece.

Yeah, not like the right has any reason to distrust institutions these days.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yeah, I guess the DOE is pretty feckless when you have Texas teaching that slavery was good for the blacks and DeSantis allowing the spouses of veterans to become teachers after passing an online certification program. 

I mean like much of the federal government the DOE is largely non functioning.  That’s by design of course but it’s just part of the decades long project to dismantle everything other than security state. I think it’s probably a good thing to have a functioning national education system so I disagree that it should be abolished but it’s probably something that seems to be inevitable given our current trajectory.  Not a small number of dems that wouldn’t stand in the way.  Shapiro in Pennsylvania being one of them for example.