• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/29/23) Angels @ Phillies: Anderson vs. Lorenzen on the mound

24 minutes ago, jonickell25 said:

Watching the Angels is like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. It’s like watching the same game every day. Angels are up 2….starter is fatigued but also hasn’t been great either…you have a guy up in the bullpen for the just in case. He gives up a double. Pitching coach comes out. They don’t take him out and use who they had in the bullpen(which they must have already felt he was done)…intentionally walk Harper….boom homer and down one. Feels like it’s happened 10 times since the trade deadline.

And the offense never scores another run….game over

I honestly think it’s more entertaining to see them completely collapse every game than win. I mean let’s be real. Wins don’t mean crap now. So why not just watch the ship go down? Ohtani is gone. Nevin and Wise will probably be here next year because Arte is gonna Arte. 

Barria continues to amaze though. What is that 16 runs in his last 5 innings?

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ah, I get it.  It's a 4-year, $92M and then the option buyout is $8M--so he is technically guaranteed $100M over 4 seasons.  There must be some signing bonus money in there, too, because the individual yearly salaries don't add up to 92.

The contract is only through 2023, only the 2024 option buyout needs to be paid.

Edited by Angel Oracle

26 minutes ago, Sho Way That Was A Strike said:

He’s probably just pissed he wasn’t waived. 

He probably strained his back watching the Barria bombs go over the wall. Does Barria get paid by the home runs allowed? Guy would be making major bank. Every time he pitches it just reminds me that Nevin isn’t coming back and I feel better about the Barria barrage.