• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where are Safe and Sane fireworks legal in OC?

This will be one of the first years in a long time I didn't go to Pahrump NV to get my stock of mortars/rockets/roman candles. Pretty much anything that goes in the air and explodes. I know they're illegal everywhere in California, but I've never gotten in trouble with them.

I even had a launcher that had 20 HDPE tubes in a wooden rack that I'd fill with the double and triple mortar shells set to light off at once. Some crazy things I've done, I'm amazed I've never been caught and sent to jail. Been some close calls but I'd light a couple off or the rack and when it's done get inside for awhile.

Safe California Fireworks are boring. Sparklers and small fountains. Damn people that lit them off in stupid unsafe manners that got them banned. I do understand that the aerial ones do cause brush fires too. But again that falls to idiots lighting them off near dry brush/houses with wooden shingles. But I too sometimes light them off in dumb ways, you haven't lived life until you've had a roman candle fight, just not point blank.

There are only five cities in Orange County that allow fireworks in any form. Stanton, Santa Ana, Buena Park, Costa Mesa and Garden Grove.

^google 2012

You cannot set off fireworks at the beach. Quite a few beach cities have their own fireworks display.

Que the video of that beach firework display that goes all sorts of wrong.

There are only five cities in Orange County that allow fireworks in any form. Stanton, Santa Ana, Buena Park, Costa Mesa and Garden Grove.

^google 2012

You cannot set off fireworks at the beach. Quite a few beach cities have their own fireworks display.

They were made legal this year in Huntington Beach.  I look forward to even more of a shitstorm than normal with people lighting fire works off while there's a ton of people down for the parade and night for the fireworks show. 

HB 4th of July is one of the craziest things I've ever seen and have been 2 or 3 years.

Drunk bros and tourists that locals treat like illegal immigrants all in one location drinking way too much.

I'll never forget one year seeing some homeless guy picking up empty cans around one of the alleys and bros on a balcony throwing empty cans down to him and then throwing full unopened cans trying to nail him and drunkingly laughing. Was pretty brutal to see.

Safe and sane really tells you all you need to know, doesn't it.

Before I had a family to support I used to launch mortars and other awesome stuff over the ocean in Manhattan Beach but now that being arrested would be really bad I don't.  I don't waste my time with those safe and sane things, they are boring and expensive.

Back in 03 through 05 my friends and I used to make M80s out of piccolo pete's using a 2 liter bottle. I made one out of 10 piccolo pete's (usually you only use 2-3) and lit the bastard off at the park next to a brick wall (bathrooms) and that thing shook the ground and had a mushroom cloud. Those were the days of good ole fun. Now, I'd probably be arrested for terrorism.

Back in 03 through 05 my friends and I used to make M80s out of piccolo pete's using a 2 liter bottle. I made one out of 10 piccolo pete's (usually you only use 2-3) and lit the bastard off at the park next to a brick wall (bathrooms) and that thing shook the ground and had a mushroom cloud. Those were the days of good ole fun. Now, I'd probably be arrested for terrorism.

We used to do that with 20 ounce bottles.  In reality you can do the same thing with some dry ice and it probably isn't nearly as illegal.

I used to make M80s out of piccolo pete's using a 2 liter bottle.

Yah those are sweet and super loud but I didn't know people called them M80's, I just figured they were bottle bombs. Prolly my favorite customization of an explosive. 

BTW if you go to Long Beach and go to the sand on the beach (say, take Cherry from 7th street to the coast) to watch the fireworks show over the Queen Mary, people light off legal and illegal fireworks the entire time. Bottle rockets and mortars over the ocean, kids holding sparklers, etc.. It's really quite amazing I've never seen anyone get in trouble for lighting them off there.

Terrible thing is people are pigs and everyone leaves their trash and crap on the sand. Next day the place looks like a big garbage truck just drove on the sand and started dumping its load. 

Yah those are sweet and super loud but I didn't know people called them M80's, I just figured they were bottle bombs. Prolly my favorite customization of an explosive. 

BTW if you go to Long Beach and go to the sand on the beach (say, take Cherry from 7th street to the coast) to watch the fireworks show over the Queen Mary, people light off legal and illegal fireworks the entire time. Bottle rockets and mortars over the ocean, kids holding sparklers, etc.. It's really quite amazing I've never seen anyone get in trouble for lighting them off there.

Terrible thing is people are pigs and everyone leaves their trash and crap on the sand. Next day the place looks like a big garbage truck just drove on the sand and started dumping its load. 

So its new Jersey?

Huntington on the 4th has been pretty tame ever since they beefed up the cop presence after some guy got stabbed in the 90's under the pier.  Of course the people doing the stabbing weren't from here but there's no excuse for crap like that on what should be a day of celebration.  I'd prefer to avoid even going to the parade and just go to BBQ's and relax but the gf always wants to bike down, see the parade and deal with the sea of people.  You know you're getting old when you avoid popular places during the summer and can't wait for school to start back up.   

Thanks for this tip.

Growing up in the non-police-shooting-dogs part of Hawthorne, our streets were always filled with people lighting their own fireworks, either Freedom Fireworks or Red Devil. There were always a few kids who had firecrackers or bottle rockets (they all seemed to come from Mexico). I don't really remember very many people, if any, going to fireworks shows. We also dent really enhance any of our explosives like it sounds like several here do.