• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A Fan's Self-Medication

rbis

Understanding that when a team is going badly, my hanging in there and spotting glimmers of hope for the team allows for some semblance of enthusiasm and captures a reason for me to watch the games and continue to follow the club. I'm not so naive as to think we're on our way to The Promised Land because I'm happy about a 3-game sweep. I know better than that. We could lose the next three. I have followed the Angels since 1961. I've lived and died with them. I had season seats from 1974-2009. I was there for the Henderson home run (worst day of my life so far); but I was also there for the moment we won the Pennant (remember Epstein clutching the pop fly). I also saw Salmon's big 8th inning home run in game 2 of the 2002 WS. Watching the games can be torture (from nerves and ultimate disappointment), but it is what a fan does when he loves baseball and has committed emotionally to a particular team. Baseball is life. You use the lemons to make lemonade. If I stayed so bitter and depressed and couldn't find a way to be positive (even every once in a while), I would find a new passion.

27 minutes ago, rbis said:

Understanding that when a team is going badly, my hanging in there and spotting glimmers of hope for the team allows for some semblance of enthusiasm and captures a reason for me to watch the games and continue to follow the club. I'm not so naive as to think we're on our way to The Promised Land because I'm happy about a 3-game sweep. I know better than that. We could lose the next three. I have followed the Angels since 1961. I've lived and died with them. I had season seats from 1974-2009. I was there for the Henderson home run (worst day of my life so far); but I was also there for the moment we won the Pennant (remember Epstein clutching the pop fly). I also saw Salmon's big 8th inning home run in game 2 of the 2002 WS. Watching the games can be torture (from nerves and ultimate disappointment), but it is what a fan does when he loves baseball and has committed emotionally to a particular team. Baseball is life. You use the lemons to make lemonade. If I stayed so bitter and depressed and couldn't find a way to be positive (even every once in a while), I would find a new passion.

This has been a tough season, but overall things are looking up.  I hope Minasain gets to finish his contract and gets extended.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I come on here look at recent activity, find the person with the lowest post count and rip them a new one regardless of whether or not I agree with them. We all know post count is the key to knowledge. 

Reported.