• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cirque du Soleil performer dies after 50-foot fall in Las Vegas

7113_cirque.jpg?ve=1

In this Nov. 28, 2008, photo, Sarah Guyard-Guillot, left, and Sami Tiaumassi perform as "Forest People" during Cirque du Soleil's "Ka" at MGM Grand Resort in Las Vegas. Guyard-Guillot, a mother of two young children, was pronounced dead at a hospital late Saturday night, June 29, 2013, after falling about 50 feet from the show's stage during a performance of Cirque du Soleil's "Ka." (AP Photo/Las Vegas Sun, Leila Navidi)

I have seen Ka, glad I got the half price locals discount. Not really impressed. The acrobatics were impressive, but the story and the execution were lacking.

I don't understand why there aren't more safety measures in place for stuff like this, if nothing else something like those giant airbags they use to protect people who jump off buildings.

I have seen Ka, glad I got the half price locals discount. Not really impressed. The acrobatics were impressive, but the story and the execution were lacking.

I don't understand why there aren't more safety measures in place for stuff like this, if nothing else something like those giant airbags they use to protect people who jump off buildings.

Sounds like they do have some protection.  One story I read about Cirque accidents was a guy hit his head and got a concussion because he missed the safety pad.  Also, one conflicting story I read was that they were setting up for the finale, not actualy in the middle of performing it.  So maybe the cushion wasn't set up yet?  It could also be that it was set up, but wasn't enough to cushion a fall from where she fell from, if it was at the very top of the stage in the setup area.  Again, just hearsay story, was that she didn't struggle when she fell.  Which kind of tells me she was expecting something down below.  

1st death in 29 years.

I was actually curious about what the owner would say.

Cliff notes for why I wrote the above sentence: The World Series of Poker is going on right now and goes from May to July. The owner of Cirque is named Guy Laliberte and while making billions from these shows is an avid player that last year was the primary force in having the largest prize pool of any "sporting" event.....a one million dollar buy-in event. The winner actually got an absurd 18m for first place. Aside from the poker aspect, a big aspect was that a charity was involved named One Drop and of every one million someone dropped for the buy in $111,111 went to this charity foundation. So much respect for Guy. I was curious if someone was going to ask or leave in the comment section about a story coming out of Vegas where Guy backed a poker named Chino Rheem for a similar event to last years, but this time the buy-in was $111,111 and called The Little One for One Drop. Chino, the great degen that he is, blew the $111k at the baccarat tables and never played in the tournament. 

It was during the finale. My wife and I noticed that she fell at an odd time and thought it may have just been a mistake. The show continued for a few seconds and then we noticed the actors weren't moving. The music eventually stopped and the crowd sat and listened to the actress scream in agony. Other actors were visibly upset and could be heard crying. An announcement was made to stay in our seats and that the show would continue after a brief delay. The entire time no music was played to drown out the actress and the curtain remained open. After some time an announcement was made to exit the theatre so everyone did. I believe the actress was one of the main characters and has been with Ka since the beginning.