• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs Dodgers - Freeway Series, Padlo making Angels debut at 1B

mmc

I think the issue I saw tonight was with batting Padlo 6th in the lineup after drury and renfroe. I would have rather seen someone with a bit more recent experience hitting in the big leagues at that spot tonight. Rengifo comes to mind and certainly I would have had Wallach ahead of him as well. I much rather have seen rengifo up with n o outs and drury and renfroe 3rd and 2nd. Sure we may have ultimately ended up with the same result of a loss regardless, but I can't help but think that would have given us the best chance to scrore there. 

Having Padlo debut against Kershaw wasn't a good percentage move. 

But the Dodger lineup was one of their weakest in a long time. A game that still could have been won with a bit of luck and clutch hitting.

The over turned call was replayed and analyzed as 'safe' by the TBS broadcasters. It seemed the MLB office was intentionally searching for any reason to overturn it. Thry knew Kershaw was pitching and probably have subconscious bias. Usually if it's so close they don't take so long and stick with the call on the field. As in 'a tie goes to the runner' unwritten rule. 

Tonight's game is huge.

51 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Having Padlo debut against Kershaw wasn't a good percentage move. 

But the Dodger lineup was one of their weakest in a long time. A game that still could have been won with a bit of luck and clutch hitting.

The over turned call was replayed and analyzed as 'safe' by the TBS broadcasters. It seemed the MLB office was intentionally searching for any reason to overturn it. Thry knew Kershaw was pitching and probably have subconscious bias. Usually if it's so close they don't take so long and stick with the call on the field. As in 'a tie goes to the runner' unwritten rule. 

Tonight's game is huge.

Tonights game is huge.   

11 hours ago, T-angel said:

I think the issue I saw tonight was with batting Padlo 6th in the lineup after drury and renfroe. I would have rather seen someone with a bit more recent experience hitting in the big leagues at that spot tonight. Rengifo comes to mind and certainly I would have had Wallach ahead of him as well. I much rather have seen rengifo up with n o outs and drury and renfroe 3rd and 2nd. Sure we may have ultimately ended up with the same result of a loss regardless, but I can't help but think that would have given us the best chance to scrore there. 

Rengifo is hitting something like .170 against left handed pitchers this year. He shouldn't have been in there, period.

46 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Rengifo is hitting something like .170 against left handed pitchers this year. He shouldn't have been in there, period.

What were the choices other than Rengifo? Walsh a lefthander at 1b against Kershaw and Padlo at 3rd? Moniak a lefthander in LF against Kershaw and Ward at 3b? Some combination of Drury and Stefanic at 3b and 2b? Probably that last one is the most likely alternative, right? Let's be honest, with Rendon and Urshela out they are going to need Rengifo and the team needs him to come through so I don't see how its so clear cut that he shouldn't be in there.  

10 minutes ago, T-angel said:

What were the choices other than Rengifo? Walsh a lefthander at 1b against Kershaw and Padlo at 3rd? Moniak a lefthander in LF against Kershaw and Ward at 3b? Some combination of Drury and Stefanic at 3b and 2b? Probably that last one is the most likely alternative, right? Let's be honest, with Rendon and Urshela out they are going to need Rengifo and the team needs him to come through so I don't see how its so clear cut that he shouldn't be in there.  

It's clear cut, because he sucks this year. He's one of the worst hitters in the game. He's the guy that came up in May, not the hitter he was in June and July last year.

They need another hitter in the lineup, which is why their record sucks when Rendon has been down.

57 minutes ago, Hubs said:

It's clear cut, because he sucks this year. He's one of the worst hitters in the game. He's the guy that came up in May, not the hitter he was in June and July last year.

They need another hitter in the lineup, which is why their record sucks when Rendon has been down.

OK... Got it.. You are essentially advocating that he be DFA'd or taken off the 40 man roster since what you have described is an absolutely useless player. 

10 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I thought Rengifo had some good at bats yesterday

He was 0 for 2 with a walk. He's 2 for his last 19, with 3 BB. He's not a starting caliber player.