• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Well lookie here...

The great game of baseball...how fortunes can change...

image.png

What you see above is the AL West this year - with games above .500 through 6/16. Green is the Athletics, the Mariners are teal, Houston gold, Texas blue, and the Angels red.

Now look at June:

image.png

From June 3, when the Angels were tied with the Mariners at .500 (the black row), with the Astros +12 over .500 and the Rangers rising to peak at +20 on June 6. Fast-forward to tonight and the Angels are+8 over .500, tied with the Astros, and just 7 wins fewer than the Rangers (or 3.5 games behind).

The ups and downs of great game of baseball, but you've got to love the Angels trajectory over the last 12 games, with a 10-2 record.

Edited by Angelsjunky

8 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

image.png

What you see above is the AL West this year - with games above .500 through 6/16. Green is the Athletics, the Mariners are teal, Houston gold, Texas blue, and the Angels red.

Now look at June:

image.png

From June 3, when the Angels were tied with the Mariners at .500 (the black row), with the Astros +12 over .500 and the Rangers rising to peak at +20 on June 6. Fast-forward to tonight and the Angels are+8 over .500, tied with the Astros, and just 7 wins fewer than the Rangers (or 3.5 games behind).

The ups and downs of great game of baseball, but you've got to love the Angels trajectory over the last 12 games, with a 10-2 record.

Did we need a complicated graph to tell us that 10-2 in the last 12 is a nice trajectory?

Pen not coughing up leads routinely or turning tight deficits into 4+ run ones seems to help a lot in winning ballgames. Who knew. The infusion of arms with actual velo has been a welcomed sight to pair with Estevez at the end of games. This was the stretch where they needed to start making their run and so far they're answering the call. Right now, feel like the team's need around the deadline is ideally another good reliever and a SP. Offense has taken quite a hit with injuries and Trout mired in the worst stretch of his career, but I think they're OK on that front and all things considered, I'll always opt for the team to improve their run prevention first and foremost.

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Pen not coughing up leads routinely or turning tight deficits into 4+ run ones seems to help a lot in winning ballgames. Who knew. The infusion of arms with actual velo has been a welcomed sight to pair with Estevez at the end of games. This was the stretch where they needed to start making their run and so far they're answering the call. Right now, feel like the team's need around the deadline is ideally another good reliever and a SP. Offense has taken quite a hit with injuries and Trout mired in the worst stretch of his career, but I think they're OK on that front and all things considered, I'll always opt for the team to improve their run prevention first and foremost.

Been saying for a few years now, i would rather have a lock down bullpen and mefiocre starters thsn great starters and mediocre pen.

53 minutes ago, Don3347 said:

Can you do it in Pie form for me. Graphs are over my head🙁

Actually, I couldn't. But if you're confused: each column (up and down) is a day. The middle row in black represents .500. The colors are the five AL West teams. When a team wins a game they go up from the previous column (day), when they lose they go down; when they don't play, sideways in a lighter color.

So the chart basically shows us how the teams have fared relative to each other. You can also see trends over various periods of time. For instance, in June both the Astros and Rangers have trended downward, while the Angels are trending up. The Mariners are staying about the same. The Athletics...who cares.

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

image.png

Now look at June:

image.png

Very well done.  I was hoping for an upswing recently, in light of our young pitching staff and knowing we practically played the AL East twice in both April and May.  I am also hoping our aggressive promoting of players like Neto and O'Hoppe and the emergence of our young staff, this trend will continue.  

5 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Angels bullpen really just gave me the middle finger today