• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels place Urshela on the IL, recall Stefanic

mmc

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Soto has actually had some success with the bat in the mlb

He has over performed offensively in a small sample size, and I say this as a big Livan Soto fan.

They’re pretty similar players, with Velazquez having a slightly better glove and Soto likely just a little better bat. The defense is more important as of this moment - but either way, they’re gonna provide about the same.

Just like how Fletcher, Stefanic, and Urshela are all similar in many ways.

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Bummer about Urshela, but he was performing just a small tick above league average.

Hopefully that can be replaced without much hassle.

I feel bad for his injury, but Urshela is not even league average (93 wRC+ and a .289 xwOBA (which is awful)).  His power has been nonexistent this year.

His main value is defensive flexibility, which we're going to miss especially if Rendon is MIA again.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He has over performed offensively in a small sample size, and I say this as a big Livan Soto fan.

They’re pretty similar players, with Velazquez having a slightly better glove and Soto likely just a little better bat. The defense is more important as of this moment - but either way, they’re gonna provide about the same.

Just like how Fletcher, Stefanic, and Urshela are all similar in many ways.

Over performed v never performed.

This really creates a domino effect. Different positional and defensive changes and adjustments according to game situations. New batting orders with players inserted without proven credentials. 

Injuries are part of the game. Some times a team is destroyed by them. Sometimes they slide by without major damage. But that's why depth and a good farm system are so important. 

The Angels are actually doing well enough on the pitching side because of those factors. Now the offensive side will be tested. 

And of course this will be a challenge for the veterans to bear down even more and try and compensate for the losses. Trout in particular has to up his game, but the opposition know this and may pitch around him more. Even if he still is in a slump he represents more potential  danger than anyone else other than Ohtani. 

This team has had its fair share of adversity this season.  I guess we'll really see what they're made of.  They have depth. That depth is being tested.  Let's see how they respond.  So far, they've responded pretty well, all things considered.

If Trout would start hitting that would go a long way to making these injuries easier to absorb.

49 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Stefanic has stone hands he can’t be compared to the other utility players being thrown around. His defensive reputation in the field is Johnny G. level. 

For what it's worth, he had a 1.000 fielding percentage with the Angels in 2022, not saying he had great range or anything, but no errors. It's to me another Rengifo or Drury there. 

I do think they're gonna give Rendon the weekend to see where he's at and if he's not back or still can't play well, they'll bring up Fletcher on Tuesday for the Dodgers series.

Then we're looking at a Fletcher/Rengifo/Velazquez Platoon on the left side and a Stefanic/Drury/Walsh platoon on the right side.

Fletcher will also get into some games at 2nd, but it's not nearly as good as with Urshela and Rendon Defensively at 3rd...

Drury can also play 3rd, and Rengifo can also play 2nd, but its third base where they will likely have an issue defensively.