• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/14/23): Angels @ Rangers

mmc

This one's on the offense. Heaney has now given up 15 hits and 10 walks in his last 11.2 innings, and all the Angels could manage off him was one run. The Rangers had to go to their tired bullpen in the 4th inning. Their bullpen has the 7th worst ERA in MLB this season, and the Angels' hitters couldn't do squat against them. 

Shohei tomorrow, and a rested bullpen. Number 1 against Number 1 tomorrow. Eovaldi was not sharp at all in his last start. Hopefully, that trend continues tomorrow. I'll be there to watch it.

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Pen was shorthanded tonight so they were forced to go to guys they wouldn't want to in high leverage situations. Oh well. Angels already accomplished what they needed to in Texas and still have an opportunity to win the series tomorrow with their best pitcher going

The Rangers also have their best pitcher going.

I'm guessing Herget will get sent down for someone else after this game, but that reliever will then get sent down when Matt Moore comes back, possibly next week.

The other concern is Tucker Davidson, who in our opinion is not very good. Outside of his first 4 scoreless inning save against the A's the second game of the season, he's been pretty bad. 

Jhonathan Diaz (3.48 ERA 32 K's, 31 IP) or Kenny Rosenberg (4.10 ERA, 68 K's, 59.1 IP)

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm guessing Herget will get sent down for someone else after this game, but that reliever will then get sent down when Matt Moore comes back, possibly next week.

The other concern is Tucker Davidson, who in our opinion is not very good. Outside of his first 4 scoreless inning save against the A's the second game of the season, he's been pretty bad. 

Jhonathan Diaz (3.48 ERA 32 K's, 31 IP) or Kenny Rosenberg (4.10 ERA, 68 K's, 59.1 IP)

I'd expose Davidson to waivers and bring up Rosenberg to be the long guy that rarely pitches -- Davidson has completely imploded -- the one thing he had going for him (average exit velocity), has completely cratered and is down to the 41 percentile.   Let Davidson try to get his crap together starting because he's failing at his current role.

10 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Pen was shorthanded tonight so they were forced to go to guys they wouldn't want to in high leverage situations. Oh well. Angels already accomplished what they needed to in Texas and still have an opportunity to win the series tomorrow with their best pitcher going

They need to win to tomorrow so i dont hear "they cant win a series against a 500+ team"