• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/29/23): Angels @ White Sox - Canning on the mound

mmc

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Thaiss has been a pleasant surprise and a much needed one with the catcher situation this year. He's also clearly been looking more comfortable behind the plate with more reps

If he keeps up the hitting and settles in better defensively, depth at C, with Stassi and O’Hoppe back, could be really good next year….

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Thaiss has been a pleasant surprise and a much needed one with the catcher situation this year. He's also clearly been looking more comfortable behind the plate with more reps

He is turning out to have real value and is still young in terms of catching experience, plus if he hits this well (116 RC+) he makes a nice sub at 1st.  Remind him to keep a foot on the base of course.

1 minute ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Thaiss has been absolutely huge for this team. Love to see it from what was the 3rd Catcher on the depth chart

I was surprised he made the team out of spring and even then he wasn’t getting any playing time with O’Hoppe around.  I’m glad we get to see this.

1 minute ago, Revad said:

He is turning out to have real value and is still young in terms of catching experience, plus if he hits this well (116 RC+) he makes a nice sub at 1st.  Remind him to keep a foot on the base of course.

I was surprised he made the team out of spring and even then he wasn’t getting any playing time with O’Hoppe around.  I’m glad we get to see this.

I think the bat is key for him. Teams won’t keep three catchers generally, so if Thaiss is gona stick he needs to show some value as a first basemen, or somehow manage to turn into an excellent defensive catcher.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think the bat is key for him. Teams won’t keep three catchers generally, so if Thaiss is gona stick he needs to show some value as a first basemen, or somehow manage to turn into an excellent defensive catcher.

Yup, the opportunity is there as 1B is far from settled for the present/future. 

13 minutes ago, Revad said:

Wait, you mean we’re not as smart as the front office….I refuse to believe it

15 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Stassi is signed through next year but it is looking more and more like his career is over. I think in Stassi's case he is going to have to show he is better than going with Thaiss or he may be on the trade block. His $7 million salary is easily moved for a team looking for a backup with a resume. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Stassi is signed through next year but it is looking more and more like his career is over. I think in Stassi's case he is going to have to show he is better than going with Thaiss or he may be on the trade block. His $7.5 million salary is easily moved for a team looking for a backup with a resume. 

Yeah, I think he's done.

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Stassi is done? Based on what?

It's almost June. He hasn't been on any report of returning to baseball activities. He is running out of time to get into baseball shape this season and even if he does he is bumping Wallach out of the lineup and not Thaiss. 

Trade bait.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

It's almost June. He hasn't been on any report of returning to baseball activities. He is running out of time to get into baseball shape this season and even if he does he is bumping Wallach out of the lineup and not Thaiss. 

Trade bait.

Based on that, his career is over? Ok... 

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Trade bait.

Are you sitting by the dugout 

4 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Based on that, his career is over? Ok... 

As an Angel, very well may be. I wouldn't go into next season with him on the roster. He has been on the IL way too much, last year he had a 62 OPS+ hitting, he turns 33, the Angels have O'Hoppe and Thaiss that are a younger, cheaper and better tandem. There really is no reason to keep him.

Just now, Blarg said:

As an Angel, very well may be. I wouldn't go into next season with him on the roster. He has been on the IL way too much, last year he had a 62 OPS+ hitting, he turns 33, the Angels have O'Hoppe and Thaiss that are a younger, cheaper and better tandem. There really is no reason to keep him.

Except that we owe him 7 million and nobody is going to take that on, unless he shows his 20-21 form….