• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/19/23): Angels vs Twins - Moniak in CF for Trout

mmc

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Last Sunday I was at my parents' house for Mother's Day, making brunch, watching the early game. My mom said "Wait, Trout isn't playing? I didn't realize baseball players get days off when they aren't hurt." I tried to explain the logic. 

Now he's getting his second game off in six days. Maybe the Angels will make the postseason this year and Trout will be healthy and we can say "Wow, I guess giving him all those days off was a good idea." That would be cool. 

No, you can't say that.  If we make the playoffs, we can say resting Trout didn't hurt us.  You can't say it's was good idea because there is no connection between the independent results.

So far, we haven't lost a game that Trout rested.  So long as that happens none of us should worry too much about it.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Twice in his career he got injured the game after traveling.  Twice in his entire career.

Like I said, that does not prove causation.

Do you really think traveling first class home from back east weakens the body to make a person more susceptible to injury?

I think its not worth taking chances especially when it happened twice.  

Trout has stated that he's never felt better at this point in the season.   I'm sure as the season gets down to crunch time in August and Sept, we won't be seeing as many days off.

1 minute ago, Swordsman78 said:

I think its not worth taking chances especially when it happened twice.  

Trout has stated that he's never felt better at this point in the season.   I'm sure as the season gets down to crunch time in August and Sept, we won't be seeing as many days off.

Like I said.  So long as we keep winning when he sits,  it doesn't matter.

Except he was in a bad slump and appeared to break out of it yesterday.

5 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Stupid Bally's just put Reid's hit count on the graphic - hope they didn't jinx him ...

If Bally's truly has those kind of powers, I can think of a better way they could use them.