• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/19/23): Angels vs Twins - Moniak in CF for Trout

mmc

I think the Angels 3B coaching this year has been completely baffling.  It’s great that they scored.  Not gonna complain about it.  But it was a crazy spot to send him.  And then there are other situations where it screams send the guy and they hold him up.  What do I know I guess. 

hey whaddya know... Wallach actually squared around for a squeeze bunt attempt (before striking out) so maybe... just maybe... I will finally see these guys pull off a squeeze like I've been crying for all year...

Just now, Kampy said:

hey whaddya know... Wallach actually squared around for a squeeze bunt attempt (before striking out) so maybe... just maybe... I will finally see these guys pull off a squeeze like I've been crying for all year...

Wallach almost popped out to first on that bunt attempt. 

28 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Moniak is off to a great start

Is there ANY rational argument why Moniak should not be batting leadoff in every game against a right-handed starting pitcher? Ward's got 2nd worst OPS on the team over, Renigfo, and not by much.

1 minute ago, gurn67 said:

Is there ANY rational argument why Moniak should not be batting leadoff in every game against a right-handed starting pitcher? Ward's got 2nd worst OPS on the team over, Renigfo, and not by much.

Unfortunately, Moniak will probably be sent down, when Walsh comes off the DL. The only way he stays is if they release Phillips.

8 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

3rd base coach has done a fantastic job this year sending runners....lots of close plays and the only throw out was Thaiss when he was stopped, but sent again when the throw missed the cutoff man.

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think the Angels 3B coaching this year has been completely baffling.  It’s great that they scored.  Not gonna complain about it.  But it was a crazy spot to send him.  And then there are other situations where it screams send the guy and they hold him up.  What do I know I guess. 

my take is that he was too conservative (holding runners) early on this season, but too aggressive (sending runners) lately. Sending Renfroe just now seemed crazy, seems like we got lucky... but maybe it was genius, if he KNEW they wouldn't expect it? (I suspect it was more lucky than genius)

But in my opinion I'd rather them lean towards being too aggressive than always play it safe. For the same reason you run aggressive in Little League... there's a decent chance the throw will be off. Keep sendin em, I say!

Go For It GIF by KawasakiUSA

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

There may not be an argument, but there is a track record 

Twice in his career he got injured the game after traveling.  Twice in his entire career.

Like I said, that does not prove causation.

Do you really think traveling first class home from back east weakens the body to make a person more susceptible to injury?