• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Team Hotel in Houston

mshwl

Just trying to figure out where to stay to give my 11 year old son the best chance to try to get Ohtani’s and/or Trout’s autograph.  I live in Braves Country so I’m doing best to be polite since he’s an Angel’s fan. Seriously though, thank you for any insight you might have.

1 hour ago, mshwl said:

Just trying to figure out where to stay to give my 11 year old son the best chance to try to get Ohtani’s and/or Trout’s autograph.  I live in Braves Country so I’m doing best to be polite since he’s an Angel’s fan. Seriously though, thank you for any insight you might have.

Take him to the game. Your son doesn’t care about bothering a player in a hotel lobby. If he does then be a better parent.

Plan a trip to see some spring training games in AZ. 1) there's a very high chance he will get player autographs (research spring training threads here to find out the best ways to get those opportunities) and 2) its unlikely that he'll get any opportunity to get such an opportunity at their team hotel.  

On 5/20/2023 at 8:47 PM, mshwl said:

I think the chances of getting a player to sign at the hotel are very slim. They really don’t do that because they don’t want to encourage people to hang around the hotel. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think the chances of getting a player to sign at the hotel are very slim. They really don’t do that because they don’t want to encourage people to hang around the hotel. 

I'll add here as someone who's stayed at team hotels on the road with a few guys from various teams, very few if any will be OK with it. For good reason.

And maybe the OP is a nice guy.... but he sure as hell is going to look like the other 100s of thousands of parents over the years who brought their kids to get an autograph to sell....

The broadcast showed Trout signing autographs along the 3B line at home pre-game today.

If your kid has Angels gear on and is near the Angels side of the field in Houston, I’d say you have a pretty decent chance at getting Trout’s autograph.

Hovering around the team hotel won’t help your cause.