• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/17/23): Angels @ Orioles - Canning on the mound

mmc

29 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

And this will be the fourth series in a row they don't win, though a split will stop the bleeding for now. 

It would be helpful to win tomorrow and go home over .500.  The home stand is against Minnesota, Boston and Miami, all teams over .500 themselves.  These are not elite teams, more like our peer group but still I’m concerned if we go in dragging or on a down note it could get ugly.  

The next 4 game series is not until June 26, good news is it’s against the White Sox.

4 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Everyone (including the players) is putting too much pressure on themselves to win in order to keep Ohtani.  This is turning out to be a huge distraction. 

If Ohtani can't commit to start contract talks right now, the Angels should start shopping him.

Just my opinion watching the team and crazy fan comments. 

Do you really believe that the other 25 guys on the team are putting undue pressure on themselves to perform in order to possibly keep the 26th...Ohtani?

Do you think Trout during his slump gives a immediate F about Ohtani?

Do you think a injured Rendon gives a immediate F about Ohtani?

Do you think a struggling Suarez gives a immediate F about Ohtani?

Do you think a fledgling Neto gives a immediate F about Ohtani?

12 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

If Ohtani can't commit to start contract talks right now, the Angels should start shopping him.

Just my opinion watching the team and crazy fan comments. 

It appears the 2023 Angels are again mediocre and not a playoff team so I think they have to move Ohtani before the deadline. There are so many needs on this team that they need to fill. Trading Ohtani will help with that. 

2 hours ago, Revad said:

Artie has said he will not trade Ohtani unless the Angels are out of contention.  That depends on definition but Artie has the last say and I doubt he’ll pull the trigger.

Absent a total collapse, I don't see him approving a trade.....

Interesting game. Nice contributions from the bottom of the order. And Rengifo's stolen base shows the value of strategic aggression on the basepaths. 

Renfroe is showing an arm that we haven't seen since prime Calhoun. Five assists already. On pace for twenty. Which won't happen because fewer runners will test him. But a critical assist today that could have been the biggest play in the game. 

Anderson is still shaky but has managed to keep the games competitive. The bullpen almost blew it, but the hitters showed resilience. 

Been a while since Trout and Ohtani homered in the same game. 

They survived the series but have to get rolling and build back steadily above .500.