• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers @ Angels (5/7/23): Suarez on the mound, Rendon is back in, no Neto

The rotation as a whole has been disappointing. Ohtani and Sandoval are pitching as expected, but everyone else is below expectations (or mine, at least). Detmers hasn't continued with his breakthrough second half performance and really looks more like the raw guy we saw in the first half last year. Anderson has improved over his last two starts, but still looks like they guy you want starting 4th or 5th, not 3rd. Canning has shown signs, but I really don't see him as more than a #4 guy. Suarez = trash.

So the Angels have a true ace, a good #2-3 guy in Sandoval, a #4 guy in Anderson, two #4-5 guys in Detmers/Canning (at least right now), and a complete dud in Suarez. Obviously you ride it out with Detmers and Canning, but given their erratic performance, they really need to improve that sixth slot. Raise the floor while you hope the younger guys pitcher better. Maybe time to give Silseth a shot. Coleman Crow is pitching really well in AA, though I wouldn't expect them to call him up before giving Silseth some starts. Bachman and Erla have both been roughed up and really just need 100ish (+/-) minor league innings. After that blowout performance, I wouldn't trust Davidson, and I think Barria has find a nice role as a swingman. hope they don't do the Rosenberg/Valdez thing.

Let Suarez rebuild his value in the bullpen. He did really well there, a couple years ago.

Edited by Angelsjunky