• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers @ Angels (5/5/23): Anderson on the mound

It worked perfectly because the bottom of the order did the damage in the 9th. Neto could have won it in the 9th, got Trout to the plate with the winning run in scoring position or what he did, which is be the man on base in front of Trout and Ohtani in the 10th. There was never any chance that they pitch to Trout so it was up to Ohtani and Renton to get the run home. Or, as it turned out, Sborz could be the hero

Watching on the PVR I was tempted to fast forward when the Rangers got their fourth run, but decided not to. 

After the St Louis comeback I figured that maybe some magic might be remaining. I think the winning streak has built some collective confidence. 

Nice to see Wallach try and earn his major league role. He seems more patient and selective than I n the past. Rengifo is sure busting out of his slump at the right time. Rendon is making progress. Neto is a little buzz saw out there, more savvy than he should be at his age.  Not too much tonight  from Trout and Ohtani, but for the big picture you need to be picked up by the rest of the lineup sometimes.

Anderson wasn't great, but didn't get much help. But the bullpen were the unsung heroes, only allowing one run. 

So a legit winning streak could be in progress. And the standings are showing it. Now let's tighten up on defense, get the rotation in sync and keep on battling. 

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Anyone ever considered moving Barria into the rotation.

I have been the biggest Barria advocate on this board.  However, he appears to be at best a back end starter that goes about 5 innings.  We have that already.  So why change him from excelling in the in the long relief role for mediocre starter.  

We appear to have that type of starting pitcher already in Suarez, Canning 

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Shit... I turned it off and put on a movie.

They won?

I also turned it off.  Fortunately I saw on Twitter that the game was tied so I got to see the end.  Being a NorCal resident, I use the MLB app to watch games.  This year, I wasn't going to be, once again, fooled into subscribing for the entire year so I'm subscribing on a month-by-month basis.  After the 11-8 loss to the Royals, I cancelled my monthly renewal (expiring today).  This morning, I renewed.  Both decisions felt good, hopefully I'll be renewing a month from now (because I'll probably cancel before then).  Good times!!!