• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Rengifo

mmc

34 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's at -1 DRS for his career overall.   

I think the issue with Rengifo is that he sucks ass as a back up spot guy.  The only times he's done well is when he's seen steady play time.    Drury is a butcher at 3B and in the OF -- but he's done decently enough at 1st and 2B for his career..  For whatever reasons they have been giving ABs to the guy with the 2.8% walk rate, 31.9% K rate ,and -0.4 fWAR over the guy with the 14.3% walk rate, 23.2% K rate, and 0.1 fWAR

To be fair both guys have had a near equal number of at bats, neither had done well, but Rengifo has done less awful.

Lamb is likely the first to get the boot given the $ and upside.

I was about to say the same thing.  Rengifo needs consistent playing time to bat well.

Dump Lamb, put Drury at 1B until Walsh returns, let Urshela be the supersub, and see if Rengifo settles as full-time 2B. Neto is set for a good SS audition

And bring up Velazquez or Soto to replace Lamb so we have someone capable of saving a game defensively.

Honestly at this point I wouldn’t mind seeing them give Thaiss at-bats at 1B in the above situation, bringing up/in a vet back-up scrub catcher to Wallach, and see if Thaiss has ANY utility at this point. If he hits okay at 1B it at least gives him some usefulness until Walsh returns.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Well, the same guy he has been since 2018, at least. He had a couple of solid years before that. 

My point is his performance to date shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  So... DFA'ing him because he's exactly who everyone knew he was is kind of funny

6 minutes ago, T.G. said:

My point is his performance to date shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  So... DFA'ing him because he's exactly who everyone knew he was is kind of funny

I'm not disputing that.  Just saying that he was at one time several years ago a decent player.  That said, yeah, I thought his signing was pointless at this stage of his career. 

I was hoping this would end up being a jinx thread for Rengifo, but it looks like it actually ended up being on for Drury.  He's been on fire since I made this thread and everyone pointed to his poor production

45 minutes ago, mmc said:

I was hoping this would end up being a jinx thread for Rengifo, but it looks like it actually ended up being on for Drury.  He's been on fire since I made this thread and everyone pointed to his poor production

Since Drury is signed for two years I’m very happy to see the bat coming around.  Here’s to hoping Rengifo and Ward heat up next.