• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

7-8: How worried are you?

How worried are you?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How worried are you?

• It's early - this is a legit contender and things will iron out; probably playoff berth
    • A bit - the blow-pen is a concern, but I think the team will still win 85+ games and at least play meaningful games into September
    • Worried, but not without hope - the team has significant holes to fill (gross) - postseason might be a stretch, though
    • Game over, man

My enthusiam took a hit when I learned Arte was keeping the team.

I don t worry because I expect bad luck and more losses than wins and I am usually right.

My biggest worry is that whomever gets Ohtani will take advantage of Arte's lack of wisdom and give the Angels less than they deserve.

Angels should be out of contention long before the all star break so we will see if he can get a fair return

I think someone needs to look at the team realistically and make some internal moves. Thaiss needs to be DFA'd. Tepera should be let go. Loup should be let go, if there is no improvement in the next couple of weeks. Anderson should be read the riot act. You don't go out to the mound with a 4-0 lead and walk the 1st batter. I'm actually disappointed in Ohtani's approach to hitting. He looks like he tries to hit the ball 500 feet and he takes so many called 3rd strikes that are definitely in the zone. I like Ward's approach to hitting, though he is in a bit of a funk now. O'Hoppe is great, but he needs to work on catching foul pop-ups. I have no complaints about Renfroe or Urshela.

The hitting fundamentals are horrible. They don't hit when men in scoring position. They don't hit to the right side with a man on 2nd. Pitchers don't hold runners at 1B. I would cut Tucker Davidson and bring up Silseth or Bachman and make them a go to late inning guy.

i don't think the angels are ever going to win with arte and carpino. i thought they would get into the playoffs this year and maybe they will, but there's just a systemic rot in this organization. we'll see how the rest of the year goes, but these losses don't hurt me because i don't really care anymore. my only remaining fandom is that i would like to see trout and ohtani play for and win a world series together. once ohtani leaves, i don't expect to really continue my interest in the angels. depending where he signs, i could be drawn to them.

12 hours ago, Taylor said:

The SP was solid last season. The lineup is deeper, but like the Angels since 2015, there are games where the hitters look totally clueless (like today).

Sometimes its the pitcher.  If I had to point to one area that's been genuinely awful its been the defense, particularly the right side of the IF.

Also as Doc has said Drury is gripping way too much.  Perry and company talked up his hard hit data as the reason they were positive about him moving forward, so that's a good place to look to see if there has been any slippage. Both the exit velocity and hard hit percentage have gone up, the launch angles are nearly identical, he's pulling the ball more which may or may not be a problem but his bigger issue is the K rate.  Dude is swinging and missing a ton. Hopefully he relaxes a bit and fixes himself.

The bullpen has been great at limiting walks/HRs.  I think Tepera may be cooked with the loss in velocity but overall the pen looks to be serviceable and they have a ton of internal options.

17 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I'm not worried.  I'm pissed.  they're 7-8 and they should be 9-6 at worst.  It's not the losing that bothers me but how they're losing.   This is a good team playing poorly.  

Yeah, for me it's the mental mistakes. If it wasn't for that we'd still be a first place team. 

The mental mistakes are definitely something that can be fixed, but this team is used to imploding to we shall see.