• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

7-8: How worried are you?

How worried are you?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How worried are you?

• It's early - this is a legit contender and things will iron out; probably playoff berth
    • A bit - the blow-pen is a concern, but I think the team will still win 85+ games and at least play meaningful games into September
    • Worried, but not without hope - the team has significant holes to fill (gross) - postseason might be a stretch, though
    • Game over, man

Honestly, I no longer care enough to be "worried." I can't control any of it. The days of Angels games ruining my mood are long gone.

As I wrote after the loss yesterday, I DO believe this is a better team that we have seen in years. But I do not believe it is good enough to convince Ohtani to stay. 

The losses really highlight the weaknesses of the team. But winning fixes everything. As was said above, a few things go their way and they are 9-6 instead. We’d all probably feel better about that team. Here’s hoping the offense finds some consistency and the BP and defense turn it around. There is still time for that.

24 minutes ago, Barf said:

Every other team in the AL west is struggling, not time yet to get dramatic about anything tbh. Boneheaded silly mistakes will hopefully get fixed and we can win a lot of games.

I get what you're saying, but it really shouldn't matter how other teams are doing.

Just now, REDneck said:

I get what you're saying, but it really shouldn't matter how other teams are doing.

It matters if they are in the same division. Regardless of how bad this series has been, not like we are ten games back already. Yes, I expect the Astros and Mariners to get their shit together; but we can also.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I voted for the third option. This team looks exactly like it has for the past 8 seasons. The same exact issues.

Good thing Arte is keeping the team with his track record of success.

Kinda. You're not entirely wrong, but I'd say that the starting pitching that looked surprisingly good last year is as good (and deep) or better this year. Also, the lineup is finally mostly healthy, and far deeper.

But yeah, the bullpen is still a mess.

5 minutes ago, Barf said:

It matters if they are in the same division. Regardless of how bad this series has been, not like we are ten games back already. Yes, I expect the Astros and Mariners to get their shit together; but we can also.

Again man I get what you're saying, but the Angels need to worry about their Win/loss record not the fact that other teams in the AL West are hovering around .500 to start the season.

Wer'e not grading on a curve here at least I hope we are not.

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Kinda. You're not entirely wrong, but I'd say that the starting pitching that looked surprisingly good last year is as good (and deep) or better this year. Also, the lineup is finally mostly healthy, and far deeper.

But yeah, the bullpen is still a mess.

The SP was solid last season. The lineup is deeper, but like the Angels since 2015, there are games where the hitters look totally clueless (like today).

I just think the organization is dysfunctional and has been for a long while now.

It's reflected in the quality of baseball we have seen from them for awhile now and ultimately in their record.

Why the organization is dysfunctional has been discussed on this forum so I'm not going to get into that.

Like Docwaukee posted these are winnable games that the team is losing...good teams win a good percantage of the games we have lost.

So yeah we should be 10-5 or even 9- 6, but were 7-8.

With that said it is early, but I'm not impressed after 15 games.

Not really worried about the record. Very concerned about how this team has approached the first 15 games, however. There have been so many mental errors, misplays in the field, etc. Five games already given away by stupidity, one they clawed back (the middle game against Toronto) and just an overall lack of any sense of urgency or responsibility. Disappointed by the general attitude. Obviously, it’s early but this franchise has a long way to go to earn any benefit of the doubt. I was hoping that they’d get off to a start like last year and sustain it this time. 

I am not worrying about the record.  There have been a lot of teams starting off worse end up making the playoffs.

What worries me is how we are losing.   We lost 7 winnable games.  Of not mistaken all 7 we had the lead.  Last three have been do to sloppy play.  I believe 5 are blown saves.

Optimist say improvement abd we should be really good.  Pessimist would say the bad play is indicative to of a bad team.