• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Salt Lake City ownership group pursuing MLB expansion team

mmc

Just now, HeavenlyHalos said:

I wonder where the dust settles on all of this. I would guess Oakland moves to Vegas (highly likely), Tampa moves to _____, and two teams are added via expansion. 

This has been MLB’s plan for awhile, all are probably at the very least announced by the end of this decade 

I understand why they would want one, but the scenario I see is as someone else said:

-Oakland to Vegas

-If a stadium deal cannot be reached, my bet is the Rays to Nashville

-Possibly brining Expos back? Don't think Portland will get it with being so close to Seattle. Salt Lake just seems weird to me to have a baseball team.

A few years minimum anyway before I think any of this is really hashed out, but intriguing all the same.

1 hour ago, Barf said:

I understand why they would want one, but the scenario I see is as someone else said:

-Oakland to Vegas

-If a stadium deal cannot be reached, my bet is the Rays to Nashville

-Possibly brining Expos back? Don't think Portland will get it with being so close to Seattle. Salt Lake just seems weird to me to have a baseball team.

A few years minimum anyway before I think any of this is really hashed out, but intriguing all the same.

Essentially, whoever can get a solid stadium plan done will get a team.  SLC’s edge here is they are bidding for the 2030 or 2034 Winter Olympics, if they can turn what will be their opening/closing ceremony venue into a MLB caliber ballpark that will help with the funding.  Montreal is very unlikely to get any government help

5 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

I wonder where the dust settles on all of this. I would guess Oakland moves to Vegas (highly likely), Tampa moves to _____, and two teams are added via expansion. 

I'm beginning to wonder about the A's. In order for the stadium to be ready by the time that the lease runs out on the Oakland Coliseum, shovels should have been in the ground a year ago wherever the stadium is to be built. A's ownership still continues to play the "parallel paths" game. Most people locally are long since over it. Either do it or don't, pick one city and go with it. We will get a team, if not the A's, someone else.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

NashvilleStarsWin.com coming soon! 

But no, the Angels are my one and only. I've tried rooting for other teams (Padres, Rays) and the love and passion just isn't the same.

But it must be a fever dream rooting for the Rays right now.

I also could never switch up teams for a local expansion team. I'd certainly go to games and follow them ... would help if they were in the other league. 

9 hours ago, Ender said:

But it must be a fever dream rooting for the Rays right now.

I also could never switch up teams for a local expansion team. I'd certainly go to games and follow them ... would help if they were in the other league. 

Yeah my daughter is a cop in Tampa, FL so I've been to quite a few Rays games, a handful of Rays vs. Angels games as well. 

I just love how they run things there and their talent evaluators both amateur and pro are VERY GOOD. 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I just don’t see SLC as a Major League Baseball city.

Then you should ditch old stereotypes about the area.  Combined statistical area of over 2.5 million people and rapidly growing

9 minutes ago, mmc said:

Then you should ditch old stereotypes about the area.  Combined statistical area of over 2.5 million people and rapidly growing

I have been going to SLC regularly for a long, long time.  My opinion of the area isn’t stereotype. It what I see when I am there.  I don’t see it as much of a sports town and I don’t think it is a big enough market yet.

With some additional growth over the next 10-20 years maybe.

I will be there again in two weeks.

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have been going to SLC regularly for a long, long time.  My opinion of the area isn’t stereotype. It what I see when I am there.  I don’t see it as much of a sports town and I don’t think it is a big enough market yet.

With some additional growth over the next 10-20 years maybe.

I will be there again in two weeks.

Lol ok

32 minutes ago, mmc said:

SLC and surrounding area is 1.2m and the growth rate is “high” at over 1% but is that really “rapid” in the context of this growing quickly into a legit market for mlb?

F51E4371-DA60-493A-8A5D-0951E53C8448.jpeg

Edited by Dtwncbad