• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Angels (4/10/23): Suarez on the mound, Rendon scratched late with shoulder soreness

I know it’s early in the year.

For me, it’s like being Bill Murrayed in Groundhog Day.

But instead of I Got You Babe playing every day at 5am, it’s Angels baseball every year since 2016.

Gets frustrating and leads to the past two games pile ons on here.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Wow this bullpen is atrocious. 

can’t rely on them for anything, protect a lead, keep the game close, stop the bleeding to keep the game tied, they literally can’t do any of it. 

another long year ahead with this trash… meanwhile the front office insists these horrible pitchers are just getting some bad luck lol. New GM, Manager, players, doesn’t matter…. Same old angels 

57 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Also I absolutely love how candid Randazzo is. Suarez really can’t afford to have these games against the Nats with Canning and Silseth looming.

Which is why the hand wringing is stupid. 

He's got a problem the third time in the order.  The Angels are LHP heavy in the rotation.  A move to the pen in an easy fix if it comes to that.

But a .500 Babip and expected average of .242 tonight screams fluke results.

40 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Which is why the hand wringing is stupid. 

He's got a problem the third time in the order.  The Angels are LHP heavy in the rotation.  A move to the pen in an easy fix if it comes to that.

But a .500 Babip and expected average of .242 tonight screams fluke results.

I agree it’s probably flukey and a part of me is saying it’s too early to make a rotation change (I want to say Suarez started slow last season too) but also another part of me thinks we can’t afford to risk another start to find out how flukey it is.

42 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I agree it’s probably flukey and a part of me is saying it’s too early to make a rotation change (I want to say Suarez started slow last season too) but also another part of me thinks we can’t afford to risk another start to find out how flukey it is.

He did have a solid first half in 2021.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Angels need to find a better way to change those results instead of be the victim of them. That may take some time to sort out how to do it with what they have and what they can do to improve. 

You know what a PITA I am about the defense BS, Rengifo had a bad day and Drury is awful defensively but last night was a game where most of the shit was just pure BaBip nightmares.

6 hours ago, rafibomb said:

It IS early but the reality is they have the people to make a change if they see the need.  The depth means they don't have to be patient unless they want to be.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

It IS early but the reality is they have the people to make a change of they see the need.  They don't need to be patient for a change.

It feels good to have depth.  Interesting choices if Canning does well Wednesday.  He could be sent down, which seems most likely.  Or Suarez goes to the pen and Canning stays in the rotation and someone from the pen goes down or gets released.  Perhaps someone will get injured.

After Thursday the next off day is May 1, during that streak of 17 games I expect we’ll see some movement in the bullpen.  Herget and Wantz are the only relievers with options so something has to give at some point.