• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Mariners (4/3/23) - Detmers season debut, Rendon begins 4 game suspension

mmc

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Anyone else you want to bash tonight.  Just take the win.  Jeez-o

What's wrong with you? I wasn't bashing Detmers, I pointed out that even without his control he kept the Angels in the game and gutted through it. Hell, the post game show Valentine is saying Detmers didn't have control of his stuff. 

Take off the cheerleading outfit, the panties are obviously crawling up your crack. 

34 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What's wrong with you? I wasn't bashing Detmers, I pointed out that even without his control he kept the Angels in the game and gutted through it. Hell, the post game show Valentine is saying Detmers didn't have control of his stuff. 

Take off the cheerleading outfit, the panties are obviously crawling up your crack. 

Were you "complimenting" the kid too?   Just stick with positives after wins.  Thank you in  advance.

Blarg

• Blarg
  • Premium Membership

O'Hoppe had a rough night at the plate being held hitless for the first time this season and donning a golden sombrero by striking out 3 times.

8 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Were you "complimenting" the kid too?   Just stick with positives after wins.  Thank you in  advance.

Blarg

• Blarg
  • Premium Membership

O'Hoppe had a rough night at the plate being held hitless for the first time this season and donning a golden sombrero by striking out 3 times.

Oh go fuck yourself. I will post whatever the fuck I want to and some pissant cheerleading troll isn't going to dictate shit on this board.

You understand?

Good.

9 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Blarg

• Blarg
  • Premium Membership

Even blargs "compliments" sound like bashing if you're not used to it. And he flys off the handle all the time for no apparent reason...even after a great Halo victory.

It's some kind of power trippy chemical imbalance...eventually you won't fight it, you'll just feel sorry for the guy.

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Even blargs "compliments" sound like bashing if you're not used to it. And he flys off the handle all the time for no apparent reason...even after a great Halo victory.

It's some kind of power trippy chemical imbalance...eventually you won't fight it, you'll just feel sorry for the guy.

Thx.  I'm getting the picture.....but why does he go after Ohtani?  smh.

Blarg

47 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Just tuning in...do I have this correct? Trout 1-1 with 3 walks and a HBP. That's 5 times on base in five chances.

Yes and Ohtani erased him 3 of those 5 times.

Jesus are you this fucking lame that the actual game is meaningless to your agenda? Plays happened, some players had a great game, others not so much but it didn't spoil the outcome. We discuss everything on the message board, not just the rainbows and butterflies report, Mr Carpino. 

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

I'd like to see Trout run every now and then. Add a bit uf unpredictability.

Why isn't the team as a whole running more?  The base is three inches closer.  We have some runners with good speed.  And the pitcher can't throw over to keep the runner close anymore.

4 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Why isn't the team as a whole running more?  The base is three inches closer.  We have some runners with good speed.  And the pitcher can't throw over to keep the runner close anymore.

Depends on the situation.   If a hot hitter is up then the pitcher will take the bat out of his hands by intentionally walking him.  So you risk getting thrown out and  if successful, you take the bat out of Trout/Ohtani etc hands.

Risk/Reward has to be there (positive).

Most likely the national lead for this game will be Ohtani's homerun. Even though other factors were as or more important. Outside of the Angels media and fan  environment Ohtani is the only story they care about with this team. Even Trout is just taken for granted.  After the first game I saw a really nasty lead on ESPN about the 'hapless Angels' wasting Ohtani again. 

That's just the way the media rolls. Only when the team shows that they are winning consistently and contending will the narrative about Ohtani being wasted simmer down.

And one factor about him staying that I rarely see discussed is his synergy with Trout. About how they compliment each other in the batting order and intimidate pitchers. Ohtani knows that Trout will be here long term. That's a sure security blanket that has a proven benefit for both. If he stays long term then they will be locked in like Ruth and Gehrig for most of their careers. Elsewhere it's the unknown. Of course this is just one factor, and may or may not even be part of the discussion. But if the team does well this year and the money is  competitive then that kind of thinking could be in the mix. 

17 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Depends on the situation.   If a hot hitter is up then the pitcher will take the bat out of his hands by intentionally walking him.  So you risk getting thrown out and  if successful, you take the bat out of Trout/Ohtani etc hands.

The league success rate for stolen bases this year is around 90%. They should be running more. 

Yeah half the teams in MLB after tonight have one or zero team SBs.

While the top 5 teams are running like they're the 1985 St. Louis Cardinals.  The Orioles have 11 in 4 games!

I think some managers are going to have to get comfortable with sending a lot more runners than they've been used to for the last, what, 20 years?  Or whenever the stolen base died off.

6 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

If you think about it the last three games there really wasn't a situation where the Angels absolutely had to steal a base. The bats have come through...

Sure it would be nice if they were running, but I think Nevin's trying to feel out this new offense and whether running is even necessary. 

When you score more than 5 runs a game without stealing and the pitching is on point, why bother?

I feel like as the season progresses we will probably see more of it

There were a few opportunities to run in last nights game including Trout a couple of times. Hell there was a wild pitch that got 15 feet away from the catcher and Trout stayed at first.  I get Ohtani hits a lot of homers but you know what he hits more of?  Singles.  Also when you look at the final score it doesn’t tell you what actually happened in the game. They were trailing at one point, tied twice, up only one run in the 6th and 7th. It’s ok to steal a base. 

You guys really want Trout to attempt stealing bases at this point in his career? The guy is not exactly Gehrig, or Ripken, in the injuries department. Even if he does steal second, what is the other team going to do in the majority of the instances where Trout is now at second with first base open and Ohtani up?

27 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

You guys really want Trout to attempt stealing bases at this point in his career? The guy is not exactly Gehrig, or Ripken, in the injuries department. Even if he does steal second, what is the other team going to do in the majority of the instances where Trout is now at second with first base open and Ohtani up?

You are right Trout needs to stay at 1B let Ohtani hit. This also why Rendon hitting behind Ohtani is very important this year. Healthy Rendon huge key this season.

1 hour ago, gurn67 said:

Not in game 4.

In game 155 in a must win,  sure

3 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Yes.