• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Carpino bans Sam Blum from AM830 "Beat Reporter Roundtable" for being too negative, other Angels journalists say they won't be going back on

mmc

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

Rarely listen to AM830 outside of games as I think team owned programming is crap but I can’t say I ever got this impression when listening to Sam on there.  His tweets definitely have that tone but I never found him inflammatory on there

It's just style/tone...   And I don't listen to anything with Lodge cause he's even worse.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I agree it's a style issue, and that's also what makes the Angels look really stupid IMO.  He is who he is, maybe ask the guy to consider how he phrases his questions/comments before outright banning the dude.

I don't think anything that guy says is as bad as coming off like petty little lightweights.

They look bad inviting him to participate knowing who he is. It's like putting O'Neal behind the mic for play by play, it was a bad idea from the start and needed to be corrected. 

Just now, Blarg said:

If Trout, Ohtani, Ward and Rendon all play to their talent level and O'Hoppe channels a Gary Carter rookie season, they are going to hit that 3 million and it will be butts in seats instead of just ticket sales. 

Probably.

The lack of butts in the seats while blathering on and on about 3 mil in attendance was annoying AF too.

All I know, I don't want one good season (if it even happens), leading Arte to think "mission accomplished"...

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Angels looks like schmucks here.

But for those of you holding Blum up as some misunderstood paragon of righteous truth seeking..  You know it's possible to ask hard questions/be critical and NOT come off like a prick, right?  Or do you all also believe Peter Doocy of FOX News is just "asking hard questions and telling it like it is".  I guarantee you the people that agree with his slant on things believe that's all he's doing too.  Meanwhile anyone who isn't some tribal political twat knows he's being a prick.

Again, the guy is exactly the same regardless of the topic and the Angels shouldn't be acting like bitches, but the dude does himself no favors.

And Peter Doocey doesn’t get invited to everything, especially if the event is owned by the DNC and only exists to promote support for their “product.”

It’s great that they’ve managed to turn what should have been an optimistic start in probably the most important season in the clubs history into this stupid mess.  With Anthony Rendon being a worthless asshole and this somehow even more self inflicted bout of stupid news.  Should we be talking about the team putting up 18 runs over the weekend? Definitely not.  We should be talking about this soft ass bitch Carpino banning totally reasonable reporters and Rendon being possibly the worst contract in the teams history.  

The Angels, whether they want to accept it or not have a lot to prove this year.  Off to the best start possible! The whole thing is a clown show.  Fuck off. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Good for you, @Jeff Fletcher. I'm in no way a Sam Blum fan, but this was a dumb move on the Angels part. Having differing opinions and styles/personalities of reporting is what you want in any type of roundtable show. 

Fletcher had a scheduled season off, nothing to see here. 

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

But you didn't, you actually corrected yourself admitting you were wrong. 

Telling you not to take me literally is not admitting I'm wrong... but whatever helps you sleep at night. I was clarifying my statement. 

Stop being a blow hard.