• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

An update on an old classic AngelsWin.com graphic

Chuck

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 10.42.47 AM.png

If you look closely you'll notice our old forum from 2005-2008 and our F'n Stoneman t-shirt. I know, bad quality but I couldn't find the original and heck this image was made almost 20 years ago. But this image was a depiction of the AngelsWin.com consensus for the most part as we lived out our days 24/7 talking about Angels baseball, bitching & complaining about Angels baseball for the most part all in one accord.

@MountCyanide whose music you can find on Spotify created this old classic and I've tasked him to create two new ones that represent an Angels Win and an Angels Loss that we can use on social media or here whenever we like. I should have both which I will share in this thread sometime tonight or by tomorrow the latest. 

What's funny is how we used to get on Bill Stoneman all the time. Our t-shirts on the front had our AngelsWin.com logo, F'n Stoneman and two video game controllers because we thought he just played video games during the offseason and through the trade deadline rather than made moves (outside of the 2003-2004 hot stove season). 

In looking back, Bill Stoneman may have been one of the best GM's we've ever had. Just funny how you look back on things and find it wasn't as bad as some of the fans thought, and actually it was quite good. 

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Stoneman believed in a good farm system, although maybe too much to the hoarding side.

The success was had under his watch.

Yeah there was a group of folks on here that really wanted to trade D-Mac, Wood, Mathis, Howie, Santana etc. for proven talent. The Miguel Cabrera trade in hindsight was a miss IMO, but overall Stoneman did well and damn, his 2003-2004 offseason was one of the, if not THE best offseason ever. 

1 minute ago, Revad said:

Isn’t there supposed to be a nuclear explosion in there somewhere?

All I can tell you is the new graphics are 100% better than this old classic. Some may enjoy the image for losses more then the W's. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This reminds me, if @Inside Pitch was a regular on AngelsWin during the Stoneman years he'd be blasting fools re: their hate toward the Angels former GM. 

I was much more of a reader than poster one n those days.  Was too busy fighting with Mariner fans on the Scout.com boards.