• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rockies (3/22/23): Detmers on the mound

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I truly think it all comes down to health.  I'm definitely feeling more confident than any time in the last few years.

It's honestly just the bullpen that I'm iffy on regarding this roster. Lineup and rotation + rotation depth I like. Just don't know what to expect from the group of arms they have in the pen. Fortunately, it's easier to add pieces to the pen over the course of the year than it is to find quality options for the rotation/lineup

6 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

It's honestly just the bullpen that I'm iffy on regarding this roster. Lineup and rotation + rotation depth I like. Just don't know what to expect from the group of arms they have in the pen. Fortunately, it's easier to add pieces to the pen over the course of the year than it is to find quality options for the rotation/lineup

The guys that were at the top of the pen at the beginning of the season in 2002 were not their most important reliever by the end, other than Percival.

Lou Pote, Al Levine, Dennis Cook, Donne Wall, etc.

Schoenweis, Shields, Donnelly, Rodriguez and Ben Weber were really their playoff pen along with Percy.

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Makes you consider why he was taken 1 overall? PM has some tough decisions to make. If it were my call right now, im putting Moniak, Rengifo and Ohoppe as the starters at those positions.

You'd start Moniak over Renfroe?  If that was even a possibility, then you don't sign Renfroe in the off-season.

EDIT:  ...trade for Renfroe...

Edited by jsnpritchett

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

forgot about ward. Damn tough decisions for sure.

For the Record Ward is hitting .351/.400/.595 in 40 spring AB's, Moniak hitting .366/.395/.561 in 43. And Renfroe is .286/.375/.600.

(Stats were before todays games)

Phillips is hitting .171/.256/.371