• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 MLB Season Thread

m0nkey

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/05/yankees-designate-aaron-hicks-for-assignment.html

Reassuring to hear other team eating some money, I admit is especially sweet that it’s the Yankees.

According to Simon Hampton, “It’ll be a costly move for the Yankees, with Hicks still owed $19.57MM by way of $9.8MM salaries in 2024-25, and a $1MM buyout on a $12.5MM club option for 2026. He’ll also be owed the remainder of his $10.8MM salary in 2023.”

Philadelphia Phillies star shortstop Trea Turner understands why fans at Citizens Bank Park have started to boo him.

"I'm honest with myself - I've sucked," Turner said after Monday's loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks dropped the Phillies to 22-25, according to ESPN.

Turner, who joined Philadelphia on an 11-year, $300-million contract during the offseason, is slashing .256/.303/.390 with four home runs, 11 RBIs, and six stolen bases over 46 games in what he calls "probably" the worst slump of his nine-year career.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Philadelphia Phillies star shortstop Trea Turner understands why fans at Citizens Bank Park have started to boo him.

"I'm honest with myself - I've sucked," Turner said after Monday's loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks dropped the Phillies to 22-25, according to ESPN.

Turner, who joined Philadelphia on an 11-year, $300-million contract during the offseason, is slashing .256/.303/.390 with four home runs, 11 RBIs, and six stolen bases over 46 games in what he calls "probably" the worst slump of his nine-year career.

Literally just came to the site to mention this article.

It makes it funnier that Arte mentioned he asked Minasian if we should sign him last winter.

Good to see it happen to someone else.

On 5/23/2023 at 12:18 PM, Lou said:

Game tying homer with 2 outs in the 9th today. 

He now has 1 more than Mickey Moniak for the year.