• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Now that Arte is Staying

Stradling

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

Always been surprised people seem to throw much more shade at Carpino than they do Molly Jolly, Carpino is in charge of the business, marketing, and sales side of things, whereas Jolly oversees payroll

Your probably right.  We’re get tired of beating up Artie.  Ok that’s not true.  We need more people to blame.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

1 - Throw more money at the scouting and development departments.
2 - Throw more money at the analytics department
3 - Allow his GM to GM and make any and all baseball decisions.
4 - Raise beer prices to pay for the above.

with your blessing, i'll present this to him at our lunch on friday.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok so it’ll take years before you’re happy with his decision not to sell?  

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

The only issue with those things is we won’t have any instant gratification that “he gets it now” because those things won’t be publicized. And with the recent additions he’s made from Driveline you can squint and say they are adopting more analytics. 

Talk to children, get childish answers. 

Simple, finish the job.
Him staying could be a good thing, i dont think hes sticking around to continue to flounder that will only hurt the value later on. 
Weve come a long way in many ways, the farm isnt top rated but its get a lot where it counts in terms of pipeline guys, Trash Pandas were one of the better MiLB teams which speaks well for the future... but where he has failed is refusing to finish the job at the ML level.
You cant give three guys half the payroll then cry budget, its not logical, is like driving a Lambo and complaining about gas. 
We continue to go into season after season with as many questions as answers on the big league roster.
Extend Ohtani, trade for a legit SS, sign some bullpen parts, and accept that the tax is inevitable for a few years if you want to actually compete. 

3 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Wait until Arte gets a better offer i guess? iDK, its still the same guy in charge for the past 10 years. Heck i wouldn't be surpised if Arte saw the payrol, and tries to bring down to his limit of 190 mil...

You should be surprised if he reduced payroll after commenting yesterday specifically on this topic. 

2 hours ago, mmc said:

Always been surprised people seem to throw much more shade at Carpino than they do Molly Jolly, Carpino is in charge of the business, marketing, and sales side of things, whereas Jolly oversees payroll

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mollyjolly

You have as much say in the team's payroll as she does.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If Arte is really in the “unfinished business” mode at 76, isn’t it possible he will be motivated to offer whatever resources are necessary to win now?

That’s my thought too. Why come back just to have things status quo. His kids don’t want the team and he’s 76…can’t take the money with you, so why not try to fix your legacy. 

get a stadium deal done

address the minor league treatment/housing

Let people do their jobs in the front office 

compete financially 

The only thing that needs to happen is for the team to start kicking ass and to never stop kicking ass.  It really shouldn’t be this difficult.  Teams either kick ass or they don’t.  Cheating should be encouraged.  Anything goes.  The entire organization needs to stop f****** around and start a long and endless journey of kicking ass.  To step on some necks.  To make some enemies.  To become literally HATED by all because of all the ass you kick.  What’s not to like about my program of kicking ass 24/7/365? If we fail to kick ass then there better be some REASONS this time around.  I’m sick of all the excuses.  

7 minutes ago, Just Sayin said:

The only thing that needs to happen is for the team to start kicking ass and to never stop kicking ass.  It really shouldn’t be this difficult.  Teams either kick ass or they don’t.  Cheating should be encouraged.  Anything goes.  The entire organization needs to stop f****** around and start a long and endless journey of kicking ass.  To step on some necks.  To make some enemies.  To become literally HATED by all because of all the ass you kick.  What’s not to like about my program of kicking ass 24/7/365? If we fail to kick ass then there better be some REASONS this time around.  I’m sick of all the excuses.  

1 hour ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

If he's not passing down the team and doesn't want to sell then might as well dump everything he's got into the team

I am wondering if this is what has changed. Maybe his kids want to get involved and he is going to hand over the team. I know he has three kids - two boys. and a girl. They are not out there in public but we shall see.