• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Adellgate (Adell unhappy?)

Angelsjunky

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'd very much like you to go into it. I'm curious.

If I knew you personally TD, you'd either already know what I'm talking about, or I would tell you. And others can accuse me of not liking him because of BLM, but it just isn't true. Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani held that black ribbon, and I love them as players. Billy Eppler repped it and I still think he was a fantastic GM. Mookie did too and I've enjoyed watching him play since he was a 2B/SS in Boston's system in A Ball.

BLM is stupid, but that has NOTHING to do with Jo. There's a lot more to it than this, but I'd recommend reading 10-8's recount, and keep in mind, everything you read that's published is a prepared, rehearsed soundbyte or quote. 

To finish, I'll lay out the positives I see. Jo is well spoken, works hard, is motivated and has upside. His failures so far at the MLB level are more typical of players like Jo, who are just too damn good to be challenged in the low minors and never experience failure until it's too late. But I love that he's at Driveline. That's probably exactly where he should be. 

As for my hopes of him developing, refer to the conversation AJ and I have been having regarding specific parts of his overall game. 

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I have no idea if Adell is pissed or not (nor do I care). As far as anyone knows, he took the Angel logo or whatever he did off his IG because he's not on the team tight now... as in he's a whatever our AAA team is called, not an Angel.

That said...

Maybe 2 years ago I watched Adell his a big home run in the late innings. When he did so, he pimped it hard.

I commented on here that he needs to relax that shit. He needs to keep his head down and mouth shut until he's actually good. And a few people here rolled their eyes at me in the comments.

And here we are...

Don't announce you've arrived if you're still on the freeway, so to speak...

He's a very talented athlete, and I hope for the teams sake (and his) that he figures it out and ends up being a star baseball player.

But he also needs to accept reality. That as of now all the talent in the world so far hasn't translated to success. I have no idea what needs to happen for him to make it, and I hope he and his people figure it out and he crushes.

But until then, don't pimp a home run when you suck, on both sides of the ball, 90 percent of the rest of the time.

This is the 10-8 post being referred to

21 hours ago, Blarg said:

You guys are making shit up in your heads. 

21 hours ago, Blarg said:

He's at Driveline in what is usually down time. He's motivated to make the team. 

assuming you're including me in the first post.

as i said, i've watched quite a bit from him to get a pretty good feeling on his attitude towards himself as a professional athlete.

i don't think he isn't motivated to be on the team. i think he's unhappy with his place on the team. this kind of removing the team from social media move is actually rather a trend amongst athletes unhappy with their team in the last year or so. athletes are nothing if not blatant copy cats.

7 hours ago, cals said:

The synapses aren't firing on all cylinders this morning?

As I said, it's a teachable skill.  If he was doing it, he wouldn't look like the nerd you stick in RF in little league out there. 

I played right field in little league.  I had to carry around the league constitution in my back pocket to remind the coach that "every player must play at least 3 innings."

@Inside Pitch do you think Jo Adell can turn things around and become a solid major leaguer? 

I always thought highly of him, especially the way he conducts himself in interviews and he just seems like a well rounded person in general, aside from his immense talent. 

Here's our interview that David Saltzer had with Adell a few years back. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Adell was out there doing defensive drills every day in the second half. And a lot of time before that, too, but it was apparent more in the second half when it was religiously every day. Even on days when there was no BP and no one else on the team was doing anything on the field. And his defense did improve in the second half.

I’m not sure he’s been put in a position to succeed

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It's interesting that some of the same folks criticizing Adell for being immature and self-focused are the same ones who want the Angels to go after Trevor Bauer.

I think that's an incorrect characterization.. He's not any more immature or self absorbed than any other 23 year old.