• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Warriors owner Joe Lacob confirms he’s considering bid for Angels

Anyway ...

Lacob, to me, seems like just about everything we could want out of an owner.  Sure, he could be better - he could have the net worth of Cohen, which he does not.

But that aside, from our perspective, what more could you want as a fan?

1.  He has extensive experience running a sports franchise.  That alone is great.  But when you factor in that he ran the most successful NBA franchise since he has taken over, that is even better.

2.  He has been generous with payroll for the sake of pursuing NBA championships.  The Warriors have had the top payroll for many years since he has taken over.  They have blown past the luxury tax limit many times and still keep doing so.

3.  He would likely have an MLB franchise owner as part of his investment team, so if there were any concerns about MLB experience specifically, that wouldn't be an issue either.

4.  He has significant ties to the city itself.

Seems like the ideal candidate to me.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

You are entitled to that analysis.  But I think it’s not an out-of-bounds concern if you are paying attention to what is happening across the board in our society.  Politics is contaminating almost everything nowadays in a toxic way.  Polarizing.  So much anger.

I am not going to apologize for hoping I can watch my favorite baseball team without politics getting shoved in my face.

Admitedly I don’t follow the warriors.  I’m not an nba guy.  But I am quite aware of Steve Kerr.  Why is that?  It is because he is so openly political that his face and videos of him waxing about stuff is all over the place.

With the warriors owner now a possible new owner of the Angels, do you really think it’s peculiar for it to cross my mind that I don’t want an Angel manager lecturing me about politics?

Do you think Steve Kerr speaks up because he cares about the issues he speaks up about, and how they affect his team which is predominantly Black? Or is he just being a blowhard trying to draw attention to himself?

11 minutes ago, Dark Bumpy said:

Do you think Steve Kerr speaks up because he cares about the issues he speaks up about, and how they affect his team which is predominantly Black? Or is he just being a blowhard trying to draw attention to himself?

No idea and don’t care why.  I’m not a basketball fan anyway, but their best chance of me being a Warriors fan would be to have no idea how Steve Kerr feels about “the issues.”

I had no idea how Scioscia felt about the issues.  I have no idea how Phil Nevin feels about the issues.  That worked fine for me.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm just going to say, and this is not directed at anyone in particular, that the people who say the most that "I don't want politics shoved in my face" are the ones who bring up politics the most. 

You're very political and here you are bringing it up.  You've proven yourself correct. Congrats. 

43 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No idea and don’t care why.  I’m not a basketball fan anyway, but their best chance of me being a Warriors fan would be to have no idea how Steve Kerr feels about “the issues.”

I had no idea how Scioscia felt about the issues.  I have no idea how Phil Nevin feels about the issues.  That worked fine for me.

So you support a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to coaches and their personal beliefs about hot-button issues.

I assume you'd be equally concerned if Steve Kerr were speaking about the dangers of CRT and sparring with Biden on social media.

18 minutes ago, Dark Bumpy said:

So you support a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to coaches and their personal beliefs about hot-button issues.

I assume you'd be equally concerned if Steve Kerr were speaking about the dangers of CRT and sparring with Biden on social media.

I have been more than comprehensively clear already.

• Blarg locked this topic