• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

It's disingenuous to compare Quero and Adley as 20 year olds simply because they play the same position. Adley at 20 was already the best catcher in college baseball, was a superior defender to Quero and carried more potential. 

I won't shit on Quero simply because the Angels traded him, but let's not disappoint ourselves or anyone else by comparing him to Adley. 

Quero will be a fine starting major league catcher. Rutschman is the best and in time, should be in the conversation with guys like Posey, Mauer and Yadi for the best catchers of this generation.

55 minutes ago, Second Base said:

It's disingenuous to compare Quero and Adley as 20 year olds simply because they play the same position. Adley at 20 was already the best catcher in college baseball, was a superior defender to Quero and carried more potential. 

I won't shit on Quero simply because the Angels traded him, but let's not disappoint ourselves or anyone else by comparing him to Adley. 

Quero will be a fine starting major league catcher. Rutschman is the best and in time, should be in the conversation with guys like Posey, Mauer and Yadi for the best catchers of this generation.

Nobody was comparing the two. I was making the point that Quero is nothing like Adley, who was a sure fire star major league player in college. There are still a lot of question marks surrounding Quero. 

13 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Schanuel is going to rake. Right now he's literally the only player in the farm system that has a decent shot of being a plus major league hitter.

Angelsjunky,

If you look again all of his hits are ground balls. I would prefer to see some line drives added to the mix. I think many of those grounders would not have been hits in the Majors. I'm wondering if by having his hands up so high is the best way to hit.

Just my .02

~ArkyAngelsFan~

56 minutes ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

Angelsjunky,

If you look again all of his hits are ground balls. I would prefer to see some line drives added to the mix. I think many of those grounders would not have been hits in the Majors. I'm wondering if by having his hands up so high is the best way to hit.

Just my .02

~ArkyAngelsFan~

Small sample size. Give him at least a month before determining he's a ground-ball hitter. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I wonder how the Angels farm would rank if they hadn’t graduated basically their Top 10 in the last couple of years. 

Even with the trades, what would our farm rank be if we had Neto, O’Hoppe, Detmers, Bachman, Joyce and Silseth all having yet to touch the bigs? 

Or if they had not called guys up 2 years ahead of when they should have from 2019-21.

All of Canning, Barria, Suarez, et al were putting up dominate numbers at their age appropriate levels.  Adell in 2020 was the worst.

4 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Something that I have seen mentioned is some organizations are compelled to trade prospects this year more than in other years because after this year, organizations will be limited in how many minor leaguers they can employ.  I believe after this year, the Domestic Reserve List will drop from 190 to 165, which means that we can have 25 less minor leaguers in our organization next year than we did this year.

That’s more of a problem for teams who have deep systems, like the Dodgers.

The Angels can easily cut 25 minor leaguers and not break a sweat.

20 minutes ago, Trendon said:

That’s more of a problem for teams who have deep systems, like the Dodgers.

The Angels can easily cut 25 minor leaguers and not break a sweat.

Its only 15, in 2021 it was raised to 190 during the offseason to help with the incoming drafted players before reducing the in season number again to 180. But yeah this is more of an issue for the deeper teams.  

The shit gets really murky with international players.  Apparently teams are playing with the rules that limit the assigned players -- some teams are just not assigning some guys and gaming the system.

It's going to be interesting to see if they ever do go down to 150 like the owners wanted during the last CBA.

Along the lines of roster limits, I wonder if the Angels will eventually add a second ACL team?

Probably not, since Arte won’t want to pay the extra cost. But the ACL roster is overflowing with players. They have 27 position players on their roster.

8 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Along the lines of roster limits, I wonder if the Angels will eventually add a second ACL team?

Probably not, since Arte won’t want to pay the extra cost. But the ACL roster is overflowing with players. They have 27 position players on their roster.

Guarantee you Perry would if they let him.  It's just a cheap pipeline to talent and potential lottery picks.

20 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Guarantee you Perry would if they let him.  

100% -- but you nailed the issue/problem (bolded above).  

Arte will spend money, but it's always very top heavy for a big-slash name toy.  Which is the WORST way to run a baseball organization.  It worked in 2004 because we still had the Stoneman farm system and organization in place -- but that wasn't kept up obviously.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

For those who know, where in Arizona do the ACL Angels play, and are the games open to the public? We’re going to be in phoenix next week and want to try to see them play, if possible. 

Yes they are, they play at Tempe Diablo Stadium