• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Jordyn Adams? 

He's playing exceptional gold glove caliber defense and slashing .256/.336/.466 with 12 HR and 27 SB. 

If he can make a little more contact (he's just 23) he may shoot back up the prospect charts. 

i think he'd have a pretty rough time at the plate in the bigs if he were called up any time soon.  I was a lot more optimistic earlier in the year.   Seeing him in SLC so far this year and there still just so many holes in the bat it's tough to seem him as an everyday big leaguer.  I think it's pretty rare to see someone this far along in his minor league career suddenly learn how to make contact more often.  I think he's probably a halfway decent second or third piece in a trade.  

9 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

i think he'd have a pretty rough time at the plate in the bigs if he were called up any time soon.  I was a lot more optimistic earlier in the year.   Seeing him in SLC so far this year and there still just so many holes in the bat it's tough to seem him as an everyday big leaguer.  I think it's pretty rare to see someone this far along in his minor league career suddenly learn how to make contact more often.  I think he's probably a halfway decent second or third piece in a trade.  

He's just so inconsistent. Typically this is remedied through experience, but he's still essentially the same player he's always been. One at bat, he is driving the ball 450+ feet to dead center, and the next, he has no idea what pitch is coming or where, and he's missing wildly. The speed doesn't slump but until this year, he's never really transitioned it to the basepaths. The defense is legit though.

He's a fourth outfielder and defensive replacement. Your power tool is only as good as your hit tool. Your ability to steal bases is only as good as your ability to reach base. And at the major league level, I don't see it. 

4 hours ago, DMVol said:

Silseth was really good again last night....going to be hard to keep him at SLC at this rate...

https://www.milb.com/gameday/river-cats-vs-bees/2023/07/05/721468#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=721468

Past 2 starts:

12 innings, 2.25 ERA, 15/1 Ks/BBs 

The BBs had been something holding Silseth back.   Is he now commanding his pitches better?

18 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Jordyn Adams? 

He's playing exceptional gold glove caliber defense and slashing .256/.336/.466 with 12 HR and 27 SB. 

If he can make a little more contact (he's just 23) he may shoot back up the prospect charts. 

the PCL's inflated offense means his line isn't actually as good as it may appear.

By wRC+, he's 15% worse than league average.

Catcher Edgar Quero and middle infielder Kyren Paris are set to represent the Angels in the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game on Saturday at Seattle’s T-Mobile Park. It pits American League prospects against National League prospects and airs on Saturday at 4 p.m. PT on SiriusXM and Peacock. 

On 7/6/2023 at 3:19 PM, Trendon said:

the PCL's inflated offense means his line isn't actually as good as it may appear.

By wRC+, he's 15% worse than league average.

If anything, I think he could have a future as a 4th OF.  Strong CF defense, great speed, and some degree of plate discipline.  I remember he was a very raw talent when drafted, and likely the time he missed due to injuries and the wiped out COVD MILB year had a further impact on his development.

I think he could be added to the 40-man roster this offseason, as the FO sees how he can develop with more MILB reps.

On 7/7/2023 at 1:08 PM, T.G. said:

Catcher Edgar Quero and middle infielder Kyren Paris are set to represent the Angels in the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game on Saturday at Seattle’s T-Mobile Park. It pits American League prospects against National League prospects and airs on Saturday at 4 p.m. PT on SiriusXM and Peacock. 

Edgar Quero fans should head out to see the IE66ers play on July 29th. They are giving out an Edgar Quero bobble head, and you will want to get one. So, get to the ballpark early! 

20230708_200905.jpg

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Looking at just Marcheco’s stats, has excellent control and low hits allowed.

What is his pitch repertoire?  Just age 20

Courtesy of MLB.com:

Marcheco’s success has stemmed more from his pitchability than his pure stuff. He has a three-pitch mix with a fastball that currently sits in the 90-92 mph range and plays well because he locates it in the strike zone. He backs it up with an average slider and has decent feel for a changeup. 

The 6-foot-1 right-hander already has the ability to set up hitters and mix his pitches well, throwing a ton of strikes with all three offerings. There’s some funk and deception in his delivery, a reason why he was able to strike out 13.1 per nine and hold hitters to a .216 average-against in 2022. Now he’ll get to see how his average-stuff profile plays over an entire full season.

On 7/6/2023 at 7:28 PM, mmc said:

Jackson, Paris and Orlando Martinez for me are the 3 guys that are hard to judge at just what type of players they'll be. Jackson is the perfect example of being hot/cold. When he's hot he's hot and when he's cold . Good thing is that's he been able to cut strike outs down.  The closest comp I have for him is Schoop. 

Paris is a little bit more difficult he's gotten big strike out but really high BB with the power that's finally developing. Really have no clue on what type of player he'll become.

Last is Orlando Martinez, who's kind of flown under the radar, but he's hit and hit everywhere just needs a shot. He mostly profiles as a 4th of.  

34 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Last is Orlando Martinez, who's kind of flown under the radar, but he's hit and hit everywhere just needs a shot. He mostly profiles as a 4th of.  

He didn't hit in AAA last year, which is why he's back at AA this year.  He'll also be 26 before the start of next season.  He's just a guy.